Job ID 329869
QA Test Lead – payment processing software – Hybrid remote in Chichester West Sussex – Up to £50K
A FinTech software company that provides payment processing software that has won many awards over the years are looking for a QA test Lead to work Hybrid remotely in their Chichester West Sussex offices. Due to the growth and success of their payment processing software, the company are g their technical team and this will be an exciting opportunity to become a hands-on QA Lead for their successful products.
The primary objective of the QA/Test Lead is the successful testing of company software, ensuring the stability, security, efficiency & effectiveness of company Products & Services. You will be involved in all aspects of testing throughout the project lifecycle, from initial development testing to final acceptance by the stakeholder/customer. You will act as a mentor and advisor to other less experienced members of the testing team. To achieve this, your responsibilities will include;
Key Areas of responsibility
– Hands-on test execution, both automated and manual testing
– Take on leadership responsibilities and influence the direction of test effort (its schedule, prioritisation, and sequence of testing activities).
– Lead the establishment of a test automation strategy.
– Create and/or maintain a regression test suite, automated where appropriate.
– Test planning, and defect tracking/resolution
– Participate in all phases of the development lifecycle to ensure testing requirements are considered across the board.
– Identify appropriate testing tools across applications.
– Review product requirements, and functional and design specifications to determine and prepare test cases.
– Provide input to continuous improvement within the testing function and the wider IT function. Champion of testing best practice
– Produce testing documentation for new and existing applications.
– Work closely with all participants in SDLC (solution, development, architecture, infrastructure etc) as well as wider business teams (product/commercial etc)
– Mentoring and coaching others
– Set your own goals and align your work with demands from Team Leaders, Customers and other Stakeholders.
– Provide status updates to your Team Leader as required
– Perform and receive regular cross training
Skills & Experience
– Minimum 5 years software testing experience, and ISQTB foundation level certified
– Computer science or business degree
– Hands on test automation experience across a range of tools (Cypress, POSTMAN) /experience implementing/contributing to an automation strategy.
– Good understanding of relational databases and SQL query experience
– Strong understanding of testing within a range of SDLC's (Waterfall and Agile)
– Ideally experience in Microsoft Technologies (.Net/C#)
* Experience working in the FinTech industry
– Demonstrate enthusiasm, drive, motivation, resilience and a positive attitude in personal and team activities.
– Prioritise personal and team activities
– Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
– Excellent interpersonal skills incorporating both direct management & facilitation techniques
– Questions, listens, clarifies and responds in a concise and coherent manner.
– Excellent in problem determination and management to resolution.
– A ‘can do’ attitude
– A quick learning multi-tasker, readily adaptable, flexible in approach to work, with the ability to work autonomously
– Working hours – 36.5 per week (ending 4pm on Fridays)
– Holiday Entitlement – 25 Days standard for full time employees plus Bank Holidays
– Working Location – Hybrid working considered on completion of probationary period
– Pension Scheme – Group scheme 4% Employee contribution 4% Employer contribution
– Life Assurance – After 1 year service 3 x salary death in service cover
– Childcare Scheme – Government childcare tax allowances
– Sight Test/glasses – Company contribution
– Cycle to Work Scheme – Government Cycle to work scheme
– Parking loan – % free loan to buy an annual parking season ticket
– Beverages – Hot beverages provided in the office
If you want to work for a company who are FinTech based and is growing due to investment from their global parent company this will be a great job opportunity for you to consider.
Please send your CV for an immediate interview.
*Please note that we can only consider candidates based in the U.K and who are willing/able to travel to their office in Chichester on a daily basis