Job ID 332603
**REMOTE AND HYBRID WORK AVAILABLE**
1. You will be the Lead specialist for Datix and will provide leadership, support and training for the continued development of the Trust’s Integrated Risk Management System (IRMS – Datix)
2. With the support of the Associate Director of Risk and Safety, you will implement and project manage other identified key modules and systems to improve safety and influence operational practice within the Governance Framework.
3. You will act as the in-house lead for IRMS use throughout the Trust ensuring staff (involved in incident reporting and the central complaints, claims, PALS and other teams) are fully trained and supported in use of the product.
4. Under the direction of the Associate Director of Risk and Safety be responsible for the planning, implementation, development, review, and updating/upgrading of all aspects of the IRMS system.
5. You will interrogate and analyse data held on the Datix system to produce routine and ad hoc reports and to play a key role in establishing and maintaining systems for monitoring and improving data quality.
6. Under the Direction of the Associate Director of Risk and Safety, you will act as the primary link between the IRMS system, Divisions and Departments (clinical and corporate), and between the Trust and external stakeholders, including Datix (the company).
7. You will represent COCH at risk networking / Datix regional and national user conferences, acting as a champion and reference for COCH.
8. You will develop and innovate services for this function working closely with colleagues as required in order to improve patient and staff safety.
9. You will work closely with the Associate Director of Risk & Safety in developing an integration of risk systems in order to deliver key strategic and operational objectives.
10. You will work closely with the Risk & Patient Safety Leads and other specialist risk advisors to ensure quality data and effective reporting.
The list below is to outline the main duties involved; however this is subject to change and will vary within the given role. We ask all employees to be flexible in their role, to always ensure we are giving excellent care.
Support the risk team to work in conjunction with relevant managers to customise and set up reports for incidents, claims and complaints.
Ensure all reporting complies with the requirements (reporting and compliance) of external agencies– Health and Safety Executive, National Learning & Reporting System (NRLS), Medical Devices Agency, Security Incident Risk System (SIRS) etc.
Support Risk & Patient Safety Leads (R&PSL) and other specialist risk advisors to understand incidents within their area through the creation of ‘package reports’.
Support departments to create, customise and utilise the reporting function of the IRMS to enable distribution of trend specific reports for departments that require these in an attempt to reduce the risk to their department/s through proactive action from analysis of these trends
Provide incident reports as requested for the various Trust Committees or for submission to the Board through a recognized reporting structure.
Under the Direction of the Associate Director of risk and safety act as the Trust lead for the IRMS and be the responsible person and contact for all related queries/issues associated with the system.
Maintain and develop the custom electronic Incident Forms / Risk Register to meet the requirements of external agencies, internal groups/bodies/teams and local management procedures of the Trust.
Manage DATIXWeb across the Trust, including; monitoring training for general and management staff and providing post training support for staff.
Escalate to Associate Director of Risk & Safety via monitoring the escalation policy and turnaround time on all incidents that have not been completed by managers in departments.
Actively encourage, promote and assist Risk & Patient Safety Leads (R&PSL) to view, assess and act on all incidents for their Division.
Ensure that all updates from the software supplier DATIX are analysed in correlation with the release notes, and any changes put into effect on the designed incident report forms and the training manuals tested thoroughly prior to implementation.
With the support of the Associate Director of Risk and Safety develop, design and configure additional features within the online DATIXWeb system, and develop / maintain the functionality within the DATIX Rich Client and to ensure appropriate coding and mapping.
The post holder is responsible for the username and password management of DATIX and DATIXWeb staff accounts, this includes:
Setting up new users
Deleting expired/dormant accounts
Removing access rights when staff leave the Trust
Unlocking user accounts due to password related issues.
Provide advanced user training to managers who want to use DATIXWeb to run reports on their own incidents