Job ID 310392
Global IT organisation are seeking to add an ambitious sales ledger clerk to join their reputable organisation.
As the sales ledger clerk, you will report into the accounts receivable team leader, and will be responsible for managing and maintaining a dedicated portfolio of sales ledger accounts.
Your responsibilities will include:
What would my main responsibilities be?
* Action appropriately all correspondence (including e-mails, telephone enquiries, faxes, letters) from customers/internal departments regarding credit control queries, and any additional ad-hoc duties that may be required to support the credit control function.
* To continuously provide a high standard of service and administration to all internal and external customers including adding comprehensive notes onto the billing system.
* To be available to take internal and external telephone queries from customers and all areas of the business, dealing with any requests in a timely manner, managing the customers' expectations and also dealing with any system/billing queries.
* To take responsibility for the debt position on a portfolio of customers, liaise closely with administrators, Senior Financial Administrators and regional teams in relevant support areas that are responsible for that same portfolio. Maintain effective working relationships, continuously provide a high standard of service and administration
* Adopt a focussed chasing approach of overdue accounts by telephone, letter and email.
* To monitor the account balances of each customer in their portfolio to ensure that the debt position is under control and that problem areas are investigated and reported where necessary and payment plans are agreed or forwarded on to relevant area to resolve.
To be considered for this role:
* Must have a sound educational background.
* Intermediate PC skills including Teams, Excel, Word and Outlook. Excellent Customer service skills, including communication
* Strong numerical skills, with a financial background and experience of account reconciliation
* Experience of customer billing in line with agreed contacts.
* Minimum of 12 months previous experience within a Credit Control environment, with a proven track record of knowledge and accuracy and/or clear planned development into this role is preferred but not essential.
For more information on this exciting sales ledger clerk position within a global IT business based in Horsforth close to Leeds, or any other finance roles in Greater Manchester or the surrounding area, please contact Dan Collins on (url removed) or alternatively call +(phone number removed).
Robert Walters Operations Limited is an employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates