Job ID 335664
About New World Tech:
New World Tech are a team of consultants with immense experience that enables us to understand customers business problems and execute real business outcomes to resolve them. We strive to unlock value for our customers with future proofed products and services, delivered in a highly secure manner, with a quicker time to market and less capital-intensive means of delivering business improvement and cloud integration.
We specialise in:
* Advisory & Design, including CTO as a Service, Digital Transformation, Platforms, Cloud Services, Mainframe, Business Continuity, Workplace & Mobility, Commercial Services, and Security Audit
* Programme Delivery, including Programme Management as a Service, Project Management as a Service, Programme Delivery Framework, and Transition as a Service
* Technical Delivery, including Engineering as a Service, Testing as a Service, and Data Migration
* Digital PMO, including Data Analytics for Programme Delivery, and Programme Office Support
The Security Archtect will be primarily responsible for producing high level designs and conceptual architecture of innovative security systems, providing advice and recommendations throughout and ensuring cost effective measures return of investment ROI.
A Security Architect designs systems and services of high complexity and risk, making decisions to enable the business to achieve its security and compliance needs.
* Work on projects with high strategic impact, setting a strategy that can be used in the long term and across the breadth of the organisation
* Communicate with a broad range of senior stakeholders and be responsible for defining the vision, principles and strategy for security architects
* Recommend security design across several projects or technologies, up to an organisational or inter-organisational level
* Have a deep and evolving level of technical expertise, so you can act as an exemplar
* Make and influence important business and architectural decisions
* Research, identify, validate and adopt new technologies and methodologies
* Further the profession, demonstrating and sharing best practice within and outside the organisation
* Assisting with bids, and proposals for work if necessary
* Research and use the best practices across the business and industry when prioritising risks and pragmatic risk reduction activities.
* Provide performance reporting by means of effective Cyber Security Monitoring, Detection and Response that is in line with the Government Cyber Security Strategy for relevant boards and wider to enable senior management to take the right decisions on cyber security risks – again, challenging as needed
· Experience of working in a Senior role within IT and understands the latest technology and information systems
· Experience of working to the latest security Standards and the most recent security systems, along with renewed authentication protocols
· Experience of being a security architect on several IT programmes with federated ownership of systems and live services.
· Experience dealing with senior leadership who have local objectives for managing cybersecurity.
· Experience assessing and prioritising cyber security risks for transformational programmes and live services where there is a difference of opinion.
· Strong intellectual curiosity, and interest in proactive research to identify cybersecurity risks.
· Ability to clearly explain complex cyber security and technical issues and an understanding of how they are relevant specifically to the organisation's senior leadership.
· Conversant with common project methodologies (scaled agile, agile, waterfall,) and familiar with supporting tools (Jira, Confluence and ServiceNow).
· Awareness of Hyperscaler cloud technologies (AWS, Microsoft, Google)
Security Qualifications and Certifications:
· CISSP or CISM,
· Architecture qualifications CISSP-ISSAP, CCSP, demonstrable experience with well architected frameworks, TOGAF
· A role model of collaborative working, valuing and developing employees
· Confident and effective communication and engagement
· High levels of commitment to the achievement of‐business objectives.
· Articulates a clear vision in the day to day delivery of services
· A strategic and innovative thinker who can translate strategy into operational and project plans and business and commercial goals into a highly engaging and robust people strategy
· Able to manage information and interpret and present high quality written, oral and numerical information.
· Able to inspire others to deliver great customer service
· Proven ability to challenge, influence and do things differently with positive business benefits
· Resilient, determined to positively overcome barriers
· Demonstrable commitment to NWT’s purpose and values