Job ID 334148
I’m working with a leading Telecoms company based in Reading who are rapidly growing their Information Security team. They are investing heavily into all areas of information security, and this is a really exciting time to join as they face some hugely interesting challenges over the next 12-24 months as well as ongoing security. The security team are key to the operation of the business and have impact and exposure across the wider business.
This role is responsible for providing technical leadership and ensuring adherence to architecture, security policies and standards, as well as aligning with technical and business objectives. The individual will be accountable for the technical design and delivery of security solutions within public/private and hybrid cloud networks, and for defining security architecture and requirements for systems and applications to ensure that products, projects, and programs are secure by design. Additionally, the role involves developing and managing relationships with internal stakeholders and partners to support and deliver requirements and contracted outcomes within budget, time, and quality constraints.
* Provide technical guidance to internal teams, partners, and suppliers to make sure component architecture and solution design aligns with domain architecture and business goals.
* Manage the production and approval of component architecture, patterns and standards, high-level designs, low-level designs, test strategies, cases and plans, deployment guidelines and transferring solutions into operations.
* Work with cross-functional teams, partners, and vendors to support delivery throughout the delivery lifecycle and ensure solutions are delivered on time and meet operational acceptance criteria.
* Make sure solutions conform to contractual outcomes and timescales.
* Help the Program and Project Manager with project planning, risk and issue management, and budgeting.
* Ensure effective capacity and performance management is in place for solutions assigned and incorporate solution into the technical and budget roadmaps.
* Provide technical, decision-making and problem-solving leadership and set technical direction and quality/standards for security architecture, design and delivery.
* Communicate with multiple stakeholders within the organization to act as liaison between the business, other technical communities, and 3rd party delivery teams to ensure delivery of business requirements.
* Manage delivery to predetermined contractual/business outcomes at pace and know how to influence/negotiate technical outcomes with 3rd parties.
* Provide direction to large technical delivery programs that include complex integrations spanning multiple technology domains and stakeholders.
* Familiar with use and maturing security controls, particularly in service-oriented architectures and designs for cloud-based services.
* Ability to identify potential risks/threats during design reviews and assess security implications and requirements for new services, applications and technologies.
* Skilled in assessment, development, implementation, optimization and documentation of security technologies and processes to enable effective transfer of a solution into operations.
* Familiar with deployment orchestration, automation and security configuration management in infrastructure as code.
* Familiar with container technologies such as Docker/Kubernetes Engine/AKS/OpenShift and their secure deployment and management.
* Familiar with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies.
* Familiar with common security management frameworks, such as NIST, PCI, GDPR, ISO Series OWASP, ITIL, the ISF Standards of Good Practice (SoGP) and ISACA’s Control Objectives for Information and related Technology (COBIT) frameworks.
In exchange you get to join and influence one of the biggest telecoms companies in the UK with a huge focus on Information Security at a really exciting time for the organisation.
Based in Reading you will get a great benefits package which includes, flexible hybrid working with a minimum of 2 days a week on site, 10% bonus, 4.5% company pension contributions, £6k car allowance, Health care, 31 days annual leave + bank holidays and an addition 3.5% flex bonus which can be taken as a cash bonus, pension or used to pay for additional benefits.
For more information please apply now