Job ID 327823
Senior 2nd Line Support Engineer
Location – Fully Remote – working from home (UK based)
Salary – £33,000 per annum (£30k base + £3k bonus)
ITS Resourcing are working with a growing UK based IT Services organisation to source a Technical Support Analyst in a remote capacity, working on their Service Desk. You will be providing 2nd line escalation technical support for customers, primarily over the phone/remote desktop services, working as part of their Service Desk team. The role will involve lots of hands-on support & development across cloud, infrastructure, security & networking technologies.
This is an exciting opportunity to get on-board with a growing organisation, where plenty of progression and learning will be on offer. The successful candidate must be flexible in regards to shift patterns (Monday – Friday), this will include working a staggered shift pattern on a 8 ½ hr day (including 1 hr break). A full breakdown of the rota can be seen at the end of the description.
Responsibilities within the position will include;
* To maintain 2nd line support tickets correctly and keep the customer updated with progress every day
* Deliver exceptional service to both internal and external customers and stakeholders
* Monitor the 2nd line support ticket queue ensuring tickets are actioned within SLA
* Take ownership of the entire support process end to end and be the primary customer liaison for the issue
* Build excellent customer relationships and ensure service excellence is delivered at all times
* Assist 1st Line Engineers with technical queries to further their knowledge
* Work with third party vendors including Microsoft, Citrix and VMware
* Knowledge & experience of supporting the majority of following technologies;
* Windows Server, Office 365 (including Exchange Online, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, Intune)
* Active Directory, DHCP, DNS & Group Policies.
* Vmware ESX/ESXi and vCenter OR Hyper-V
* TCP/IP, VLAN, switching, routing and firewall configuration, VPNs and WAN environments
* It would also be beneficial but not a requirement to have experience of the below:
* Citrix NetScaler / XenDesktop
* 2FA, Anti-Virus & Backup’s
* Wireless systems
* Experience in a service desk-based position, ideally working for another Managed Services Provider (MSP), providing support to external customers would be beneficial.
* Understanding of ITIL framework (certification desirable).
* Must be flexible to work shift patterns, as highlighted in the below overview
37.5 hours per week (plus 1 hour unpaid lunch), Monday – Friday, on a rota basis. This rota will include the following shifts, on a weekly rotation;
7:00am – 3:30pm, 8:00am – 4:30pm, 9:00am – 5:30pm, 10:30am – 7:00pm
Salary – £30,000 basic plus a bonus of up to £3,000 per annum (£33,000 OTE). On top of this, the client offers a fantastic benefits package, which includes 25 days starting annual leave (plus bank holidays), Life Assurance and other health related schemes. There will also be lots of progression & learning available with this business