Job ID 341623
Senior Data Engineer- Hybrid- London
Want to work with a modern tech stack on diverse tech challenges?
I’m working with one of the leading tech companies that provide data about the fastest growing companies in the UK who are looking for a self-motivated Senior Data Engineer to join their diverse data team as they look to grow their data platform.
Working in tightly knit squads, the data engineering team deliver quick wins for the business as well as large scale updates to the platform. They need a Senior Data Engineer who is keen to deliver better ways of working with data to drive commercial success through improving their product.
Day-to-day your responsibilities as a Senior Data Engineer:
Delivering quick wins: making ad-hoc improvements to the platform to optimise users' work.
Creating Features: building APIs to expose new datasets and creating new components for features as they are added to the platform.
Management of junior engineers: mentor more junior members of the team with project delivery and through code review and gathering client requirements.
In this role you will have the opportunity to oversee projects from End to End, working on bringing new datasets online. Examples of the kind of projects could you be working on:
* Work with the product team to make current features like ‘Collections of companies’ & ‘People you know’ on the platform easier to use.
* Upgrading the Advanced Search tool (an interface that allows you to build a custom SQL query) to help users find the companies they are looking for faster.
* Integrating the in-house machine learning models to allow semantic search for companies.
* Handling performance & usability issues and help to upgrade the tools used on the data of over 10 million registered companies in the UK.
At least 4 years’ experience as a Data Engineer or adjacent role with a passion for delivering new and improved ways of accessing, storing, analysing and presenting data to help drive commercial success.
Technical requirements for a Data Engineer:
* Extensive Python experience with ability to write strong, clean code
* Experience with scaling relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL experience
* Basic experience with Cloud systems, preferably AWS
Great to have:
* Some experience leading projects or team, or a desire to do so
* Ability to coach and mentor Junior members of the team
What’s on offer:
On top of the listed salary my client is offering 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), hybrid work- 6 Days a month in the office, pension contribution, performance-based bonus and share options. They also offer coaching and training budgets to help your career grow, in house counselling available whenever you need them, season ticket loans, a range of companywide events through the year and an all-round great company culture