Job ID 334151
Senior Data Engineer- Hybrid- London- No Sponsorship Available
Do you want to work with a company whose goal is to combat climate change?
I’m working with a Cleantech start-up in London who are looking for a Data Engineer to join their excellent team to work alongside their friendly team of data engineers, software developers, product managers, designers and more that are at the forefront of transforming the energy sector.
We’re looking for a Data Engineer to work on our data and analytics services. Our data stack is based in AWS and utilises a range of cloud technologies to coordinate data ETL processes. The platform software stack comprises a single-page app and a microservice backend running on serverless infrastructure.
In a typical week, you will be central to developing our ability to make better, data-led decisions and handle ever increasing volumes of data. The Data team is an enablement team, and as such you will be expected to collaborate with the majority of the other teams within the organisation.
Responsibilities will include the following:
* Building and maintaining our internal data warehouse (using AWS and Postgres) and support associated business analytics tools (using Tableau and Looker Data Studio).
* Innovating on our infrastructure and the technical implementation underpinning our data projects.
* Advise and assist both internal and external stakeholders with data processing and analytics.
* Communicate and document solutions and design decisions.
* This role will be expected to align with our standards for information security and quality as they are relevant to the role.
* You have 5+ years of experience as a data engineer or data adjacent engineering role.
* You are comfortable and familiar with data engineering concepts such as ETL processes, query optimisation, database architecture and database performance.
* You are proficient with SQL, analysing data, and basic statistics.
* You have a good knowledge of data processing in Python, and have the ability to write clean, modular code.
* You have some experience architecting, deploying and maintaining production infrastructure.
* You can understand and clearly articulate concepts and relationships in data to technical and non-technical team members alike.
* You have familiarity with software development best practices, TDD, git, agile project management.
* You are a motivated and organised person. You enjoy the process of prioritising work and setting timelines while collaborating with cross-functional teams.
* You are an excellent communicator who can build relationships with teammates from different disciplines, making sure that everyone is clear about what’s required of them.
* You have worked with cloud-based platforms such as AWS.
* You have specific experience with PostgreSQL, AWS RDS/Aurora, docker, serverless architecture, microservices.
* You have experience with NoSQL, event stream processing, data lakes and are familiar with BI tooling (e.g. Tableau, Looker) fundamentals, or willing to learn.
* You have a background / interest in advanced data science concepts such as machine learning.
What’s on offer:
On top of the listed salary my client is offering 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), a 35-hour work week with flexible working hours, hybrid working with 2 days a month in the office, Life Assurance, Income Protection and private Healthcare with Vitality. They are also offering a monthly expense budget for the extra kit or tools you might need to get your job done to the best of your abilities at home and an annual allowance to spend on professional development. When working with the team you will find a super welcoming, supportive, collaborative and transparent culture where the priority is to help shape your role to find the best balance between what we need as a business and your career progression plans