Job ID 333447
My client is seeking an experienced Data Scientist with a strong background in statistics, machine learning and data analysis. The Senior Data Scientist will have a deep understanding and hands-on experience in using advanced statistical techniques to measure and monitor experiments and be able to communicate findings to stakeholders and contribute to decision making. This role is based in Liverpool and requires 3 days working in the office and 2 days working from home. Salary ranges from £60K – £75K + Bonus + Full Benefits. Experience with the retail industry would be preferred.
Senior Data Scientist responsibilities include:
– Extensive stakeholder management
– Assist in the design of experiments to help team generate and test hypotheses, as well as interpret results to maximise learning and prove real value across the business
– Identify opportunities to improve the quality of existing solutions through the addition of new data or application of alternative Data Science techniques
– Defining problems, scoping and planning projects.
– Manage the end-to-end delivery of the project and the relationship with the client
– Coach junior team members on data science concepts and algorithms
Skills required for the Senior Data Scientist:
– Over 4 years experience working as a Data Scientist
– Ability to develop A/B test experimentation design and analysis and multi-variate testing
– Proven experience in using advanced statistical techniques to design, run, and measure onsite and offsite experiments
– Experience of using various resampling techniques to build distributions and estimate parameters
– Knowledge of quasi-experimental evaluation methods
– Strong skills in statistical analysis and programming – Python (preferred) / R and SQL
– Agile and Jira experience
– Analytical mindset and strong problem-solving skills
Desirable skills include:
– Experience of working in e-commerce business domain
– Advanced Analytics and Data Modelling
– Implementing machine learning techniques and advanced statistical modelling such as Naïve Bayes, SVM, Gradient Boosting.
Please apply for immediate interview!
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds