Job ID 305781
At Landmarc, the Senior Developer distinguishes themselves from other developer roles based on their breadth of technical knowledge and experience. They are able to demonstrate ‘solutions thinking’ when applying that knowledge and experience.
The Senior Developer is a key role within the Application Development Team and collaborates across the department and the wider business, in order to deliver high quality solutions across a varied platform of IT services, as well as helping to ensure all BAU systems are maintained and operational.
The Senior Developer will not have any line management responsibilities, but will lead by example and have a meticulous approach to their work. They will be able to mentor and work with less-experienced team members to develop their skills as well as steer/influence the technical direction within the team, supported by and working with the Application Development and Support manager.
The Senior Developer will play an active role in the design of new digital solutions for the current and future contractual needs of Landmarc, supporting delivery of the Digital Transformation Roadmap for the organisation. They will have an understanding of ‘what good looks like’ when it comes to solution design and the integration of IT Services across the business. They will understand the benefits of new and emerging technologies and have the insight and experience to understand where and how these benefits can be leveraged.
**Nb: This role requires eligibility to undertake BPSS & SC clearance**
Duties of the role
The following list is not exhaustive and other duties of a similar level and nature may be required from time to time including complying with any new policies that are introduced.
* Design, document, develop and test changes to new and existing services in line with the IT Development Process and the IT Project Management Process
* Work with and across project teams to provide technical guidance in the delivery of new solutions
* Collaborate on technical options as part of the IT outputs that support the creation of compelling business cases for IT Change
* Ensure that solutions are designed to meet business requirements. This may entail working with a designated Business Analyst or performing analysis yourself, in order to drive out functional and non-functional requirements from the business specification
* Play an active role in continuous improvement activities within the IT Department
* Support and maintain existing IT services, in line with our IT Service Management approach
* Peer review of other team members’ code.
* Mentoring of other team members and supporting the Application Development and Support Manager in delivering their objectives.
The following lists detail the ideal person to carry out this role and will be used as the selection criteria during the recruitment process.
What you know
* Highly skilled in development of Software Solutions in Microsoft Stack e.g.: using .Net Core, ASP.NET, C#, MVC 4/5, .NET framework 4.5+, to also include:
* SOLID Principles
* Nuget Package Management
* System integrations using REST API
* Front-end development
* Automated releases
* Demonstrable knowledge of software design patterns and their application
* Demonstrable knowledge of development standards and best practices
* Demonstrable knowledge of with MS SQL Server
* Practical experience of working in accordance with a defined project management process encompassing design, document, develop, test and release (Agile/SCRUM especially)
Nice to have
* Experience of using Microsoft DevOps (or similar) for Application Lifecycle Management
* An understanding/appreciation of System Modelling methods and languages (e.g.: TOGAF, Archimate & UML)
* Experience of Microsoft Azure, O365, Power Platform and MS Dataverse
* Experience with containerisation technologies and cloud migrations
* Experience of working with ITIL processes in an ISO 27001 compliant environment
What you can do
* A motivated problem solver with excellent analytical skills
* A driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic and work well, both as part of a team or on an individual project
* Manage a large and varied workload, taking into account business priorities
* Be a willing collaborator with excellent written and verbal communication skills who freely shares knowledge for the wider-benefit of the team.
* Be someone who actively seeks knowledge and is willing to understand and learn new technologies when needed.
Landmarc are the leading Industry Partner for the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) for the delivery of the contract to manage and maintain the Defence Training Estate (DTE). Through our high standards of delivery, the Armed Forces can live, work and train on the DTE and deploy on operations effectively.
Landmarc are undergoing an extensive programme of Digital Transformation to digitally enable our workforce and bring about greater efficiency in our operations across the contract. This Digital Transformation programme is wholly reliant on the high performance and agility of the IT Team in order to respond to the needs of the business and support the delivery of IT change that enables that transformation.
The IT Department deliver, support and maintain all the user facing IT Services for our people to do their jobs in support of contract delivery. The IT stack is mainly Microsoft based, and we have several COTS back office systems which we provide integrations for, including (but not limited to):
· Microsoft Business Central
· Select HR
· ESRI’s ArcGIS Enterprise Suite
· IBM Maximo
· Microsoft SharePoint
(Experience with any of the above technologies is a plus, but not essential)
The IT Application Development Team are responsible for maintaining and supporting all COTS and in-house/bespoke applications, developing all system integrations and IT solutions that support operational delivery for the business.
Landmarc will provide you with a competitive salary, in addition to this we also offer the following main benefits, amongst many others:
Landmarc offers all employees an opportunity to join the company stakeholder pension scheme, where the company will contribute up to 8% of the employee’s salary.
Employees are entitled to 25 days pro rata during each year of employment plus public holidays. 3 extra discretionary days are normally given in addition to annual leave allowances at Christmas.
Annual leave allowance will increase in recognition of your continued service.
Holiday purchase – purchase up to 10 more days holiday to use throughout the year.
Annual salary review, in consultation with the recognised Trade Unions
Life assurance insured for three times your annual salary, to help the loved ones that are left behind
Reimbursement of professional fees and on-going training
Family friendly policy
Flexible working – hybrid approach
This is a shift role, you will need to be prepared to work early mornings, evening and some weekends, and the role is 35 hours per week.
To apply for this great opportunity, please click the apply button now and one of our friendly recruitment team will be in touch shortly, either via email or telephone!
Landmarc are committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information that we process, and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection