Job ID 306668
ARE YOU SEEKING AN IT ROLE?
DO YOU WANT TO WORK WITHIN THE PUBLIC SECTOR?
Education Authority Northern Ireland is seeking Senior ICT Helpdesk Operators to work within their Belfast office, and have engaged Brook Street (UK) Ltd to manage the recruitment for these roles.
The Senior ICT Helpdesk Operators will work within the ICT Support Department, and will be responsible for the deployment of Education Authority devices such as laptops, desktops, and tablets to EANI corporate staff. Duties will include setting up and issuing Windows devices to staff, following a procedure that includes bulk imaging, putting on any additional required software not included in the standard build, and deploying to users.
Our client, Education Authority Northern Ireland, has advised that the typical qualifications and experience they`re seeking are:
An ICT related BTEC or Equivalent
· Resolution of IT Service desk calls. Assessing the call and using problem solving skills to resolve the issue for the user or where necessary assign or escalate the call to the most suitable IT officer.
· Setup and issue of computers to staff including installation of any required software.
· Supporting users and computers operating in a network environment.
· Assist with the setup of computers across multiple sites as required.
· Update and maintain user and computer accounts on Active Directory as well as maintain records associated with assets management.
· Identify and organise re-deployable computers for disposal scheme or defunct computers for secure scrappage.
· Check backups of critical systems daily and maintain the accompanying register.
· Assist with the design, review and update of IT Support Service procedures and forms.
· Liaise with various external maintenance contractors.
· Monitor systems to ensure most efficient operation.
· Test and evaluate software as required.
· To carry out any required daily administration duties.
· Any other duties as required by the ICT Support Service.
The successful candidates will benefit from
Full training and induction
Work in a leading public sector organisation which promotes diversity and inclusiveness
The opportunity to apply for internal roles
A competitive rate of pay of £13.28 per hour
A (Apply online only), Monday to Friday working week
Accrue holiday hours as you work
Brook Street (UK) Ltd back-office support and mentoring
Candidates for these vacancies must have the use of a vehicle for work purposes to visit sites and work in other ICT offices throughout Education Authority Northern Ireland as and when required.
If you would like to apply for this role, please call Natasha Waterworth at Brook Street (UK) Ltd on (phone number removed) or email your CV via the `Apply` link