Job ID 306201
We are looking for a Senior IT consultant / Systems Engineer, ideally from an MSP background, who will work with clients to advise them on how to use information technology to meet their business objectives or overcome problems. You will work to improve the structure and efficiency of information technology systems in a variety of organisations. If you are an IT consultant/systems engineer who can demonstrate exceptional knowledge of IT to deliver quality work that will drive customer satisfaction, with excellent communication skills, and the ability to work well within a team with previous experience mentoring junior members of staff, we want to hear from you.
You should be knowledgeable about the latest industry technologies and services, highly motivated, and have a collaborative attitude. You will facilitate important business operations through IT improvements while offering clients strategic advice on technology and IT infrastructures. During other procedures including selection and procurement as well as user training and feedback, you might be asked to offer direction and technical expertise.
The role will require the successful candidate to take part in an on-call rota where you will be providing out of hours support to clients.
What will you be doing?
As a Senior IT Consultant you'll need to:
* meet with clients to determine requirements
* work with clients to define the scope of a project
* plan timescales and the resources needed
* clarify a client's system specifications, understand their work practices and the nature of their business
* travel to customer sites
* liaise with staff at all levels of a client organisation
* define software, hardware and network requirements
* analyse IT requirements within companies and give independent and objective advice on the use of IT
Please see the full list of responsibilities in the job description attached
What will you bring?
The Successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills:
* communication and interpersonal skills
* teamwork skills
* a logical approach to problem solving/analysing
* the ability to learn and adapt quickly
* confident decision making
* presentation skills
* excellent customer service skills
* good organisational skills to prioritise heavy workload
* the ability to communicate technical information to non-IT clients and colleagues
* flexibility and adaptability
* time management skills.
The Successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following experience with appropriate certification desirable but not essential:
* Microsoft Windows Server solutions design, deployment, configuration, and administration.
* Hypervisor solutions design, deployment, configuration, and administration including VMWare and Hyper-V.
* Microsoft Exchange Server solutions design, deployment, configuration, and administration.
* Microsoft SQL deployment, configuration, and administration desirable but not essential.
Please see the full list in the job description attached
Why join us?
Recognised as one of the UK’s 100 Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work®, Node4 is an innovative Managed Services Provider, offering IT infrastructure and services, all flexibly deployed across our own infrastructure fabric and the public cloud.
We provide a range of solutions, including cloud services to support hybrid and multi-cloud models, connectivity, data services, collaboration, and security. This enables us to help UK businesses in every sector do more in the digital age.
Work for Node4 and you will be part of a friendly, supportive culture focused on delivering Exceptional Service as a Standard (ESaaS) to our customers – and one another