Job ID 268704
Role: Senior IT Engineer, 3rd Line
Based in Haywards Heath, West Sussex
This is a fantastic career opportunity to join a respected Managed Service Provider in the heart of Southeast England.
You will be joining a team of like-minded professionals at a company where staff development is top of our list.
Horizon Managed Services provides fully outsourced IT services to both the mid-tier and large business sectors.
The Role being offered
The role is for an experienced Senior IT Engineer at 3rd line level with ambition to drive their career forward.
This position is very much customer facing so a high level of communication and empathy will be ideal.
The work will be varied and involve a blend of service desk together with onsite work and project implementation across our client base.
Core skills we are looking for
Importantly, the candidate will be a team player, capable of prioritising tasks, and have a technical background at senior engineering level (3rd Line) in the skillsets highlighted below.
To excel in this role, the successful candidate needs to be able to take ownership of a problem, see through to a resolution, be a clear communicator and work well within a team.
* Experience working on major projects, covering project implementation and handover
* Microsoft Azure experience covering administration and development
* Azure AD and AD Sync
* Fully converse in Microsoft 365, licensing, administration, and configuration
* SharePoint configuration and administration
* Migration to 365 for SharePoint and email
* Microsoft Teams
* Networking across all aspects including router configuration, switch configurations and VLANs
* Enterprise WiFi
* Wide area networks
* Fully converse with TCP/IP, LAN and troubleshooting
* Network security
* Endpoint security
* Cyber Essentials
* Business continuity solutions and backup using mainstream products
* Server installation, configuration and administration
* Active directory configuration and administration
Hardware and software Installation
* Installing and configuring operating systems and applications
* Installing hardware on site
* Experience in imaging and software deployment
* Windows desktop 7, 10 and 11
* Apple MacOS knowledge an advantage
* iOS and Android
* Mobile Device Management solutions (MDM)
Service desk systems (PSA), IT Management and Remote Management and Monitoring (RMM) Systems
* Experience in Datto Autotask or similar systems such as Connectwise/Kaseya an advantage
* Datto RMM or similar systems such as SolarWinds/Connectwise Manage/Kaseya an advantage
Ideally the candidate will have IT qualifications such as:
* Up to date Microsoft Qualifications
* CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+
* If you have a degree, then this is of course highly valued, but it is not essential
Horizon Managed Services promotes career development, supporting and encouraging all their staff in gaining qualifications. So, if you do not have the qualifications but have the experience for the role then we welcome you to apply.
Horizon Managed Services, our background
The management team behind Horizon have intensive IT experience in the MSP space, serving clients across a whole multitude of sectors.
Horizon was born to particularly focus on retail, warehousing and manufacturing sectors with a strategic path for company success and growth.
We are rural, operating out of fully refurbished barn conversions where we can offer a fantastic clean working environment complete with breakout areas.
A driving license (preferably clean) and a car is essential though as there are no close public transport links to us. We have plenty of parking here.
The Job Offer
For this role of Senior IT Engineer the salary offered is between £35,000 to £40,000 per annum depending on experience and qualifications.
We have a fleet of vans for any onsite work (a clean driving license is required for these).
The role is a mixture of office-based work and client on-site work with working from home an occasional possibility.
We offer 22 days holiday. In addition to this we give you a day off on your birthday!
We can offer you the chance to work within a fantastic team