Job ID 208200
Title: Senior Murex Developer
Job Type: FTE/Contract(Inside IR35)
Location: Hybrid (1 day compulsory at London location)
Type of Interviews:
2ndStep: Customer Interview (Over Teams online or Face to Face)
We are looking for a Senior Murex Developer to join us on our Customer Development team based in London. An ideal candidate would have a strong development background in Murex along with programming experience in one of the scripting or Object Oriented programming languages. Knowledge of the Cloud platforms such as AWS is desired along with the ability to work in DevOps and Agile frameworks.
• Take ownership of the deliverables and deliver to high standards in a fast paced environment across all the phases of delivery
• Act as an SME and able to articulate the technical details effectively with key stake holders
• Take responsibility for identification, estimation and reporting the progress of the tasks
• Lead the team where appropriate to use the best practices and pitch ideas to key stake holders to improve the delivery
• Develop good understanding of the business products and apply this knowledge to enhance the technical offering
• Able to quickly respond to new requirements and follow them through to completion
• Educate the team on wider trends and provide training to enhance the technical knowledge of the team
Key behaviours and skills required:
• 8+ years proven experience on various Murex modules, with strong MxML Development skills (Pre-trade and Post-trade workflows and formulas, Lookup tables, OSP queues,..).
• Good understanding of the Murex application architecture and corresponding services
• Strong knowledge of the OTC interest rate products such as Swaps, Xccys
• Strong knowledge and working experience with an Object Oriented Programming language such as Java/Groovy. Knowledge of other scripting languages such as Python are desirable.
• Good knowledge of Oracle Database and PL/SQL scripting. Knowledge of Postgres is desirable.
• Knowledge of technologies such as Terraform, Ansible is desirable
• Worked on major Murex deliveries of Murex 3.x and patch upgrades
• Experience liaising with Murex directly on outstanding cases and follow-ups
• Experience with working in DevOps and Agile frameworks
• Experience working with AWS is preferred but not mandatory
• Exposure to Test Driven Development and adhere to best practices
• Good understanding of architectural principles, multi-threaded applications and STP processing.
• Excellent team player
• Highly pragmatic and delivery focused, “can do” attitude
• Takes ownership for delivery and is a self-starter