Job ID 331883
Senior Analyst – Operational Analysis, Python, Modelling, Software Design, Data Science
Salary – £40K-£60K plus excellent benefits
Location – Winchester Hants, Hybrid role
Our client has an exciting opportunity to join our growing management consultancy, with an enviable reputation and senior level client base. They have a strong track record in UK MOD and government.
They value their people and believe in building everyone’s capabilities and strengths to help them reach their full potential.
The Opportunity – Operational Analyst/Consultant
Our client is looking for a positive, flexible self-starter to join their team as a Senior Analyst. This is an exciting opportunity to play a leading role in delivering operational analysis capability as an integral part of a small, agile, and growing business.
Their team of analysts, consultants and Defence SMEs work closely with their customers to deliver high-impact services and solutions. Data science and operational analysis are a key part of the Company’s capability. They are growing this capability and are looking for a highly motivated and capable Senior Analyst.
As Senior Operational Analyst your role will include:
* Designing, developing, and running analysis models.
* Using agile approaches to develop models and tools, including requirements capture, design, development, testing and management.
* Collating, managing, structuring, analysing and visualising data.
* Deriving unique insights from data to inform senior-level decision making.
* Taking a leading role in the day-to-day delivery of projects, working closely with our clients and our team of consultants and analysts.
* Taking a consultative approach to your work, understanding how your work contributes to delivering a great result for our clients.
* Developing strong relationships with the wider Company’s team.
* Our UK office is based just outside Winchester. The role will require a blend of working from our office, occasional travel to client sites, and working from home.
* The Company’s main clients will be based around key UK Defence establishments in the south of England.
Skills/Qualifications – Senior Operational Analyst/Consultant:
* Software development using Python.
* Operational Analysis (OA) approaches and techniques
* Requirements gathering
* Software design
* Data analysis
* A self-starter and team player.
* Good communication skills, enabling you to work confidently with team members and clients.
* Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise your work.
* Attention to detail and the drive to see work through to completion.
* A positive and flexible approach to your work.
* Degree , MSc or equivalent
Knowledge and experience of the following is desirable:
* Experience working within UK MoD
* UI/UX design
* Discrete event simulation
* Data science techniques
* Advanced data analysis in Excel, including VBA.
* Knowledge of current software development approaches, platforms and best practice.
* Experience of designing and deploying Microsoft365, SharePoint, PowerBI, Dataverse and PowerApps solutions.
Recent UK Defence Security Clearance (SC) would be of interest but is not essential.
Keywords – Operational Analyst, Operational Analysis, OA, VBA, Python, Microsoft365, PowerBI, Dataverse, PowerApps, Advanced Excel, UI/UX design, Simulation, Modelling, Data Science, Requirements Gathering, Software Design , MOD Defence, Agile, UK MoD, Government, Data Science
Senior Analyst – Operational Analysis, Python, Modelling, Software Design