Job ID 335385
Senior Software Developer (.NET)
Orbis Technologies, Inc. provides award-winning products, solutions, and services powering enterprise software for hundreds of clients across four continents and fourteen countries. Orbis is unlike any other company in our industry. Not only do we have a world-class component content management platform—RSuite—but we create the documentation, online help, visual media, training materials, and other types of content required to compete at the highest level.
A wholly-owned UK-based subsidiary of Orbis is seeking an experienced .NET Developer to take a lead role in shaping our development capability during an exciting period of investment and growth. The role will be joining a small team that will be critical to driving forward the development of our documentation and help authoring tools and improving our development processes and technology stack. While currently our application is limited to windows desktop deployment only, we are rearchitecting the software to host some elements in the cloud as well as move to cross platform support. A willingness and ability to learn the latest technologies is essential. Your current experience and skills will be valued, as will your passion for new technologies and learning. This role will provide the perfect opportunity for WPF developers to cross-train and add a number of web technologies to your skillset.
Senior Software Developer Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* To develop defect-free code for multiple roadmap requirements, client customizations and software integrations for multiple versions of our products.
* Work with clients to understand issues and develop a resolution plan.
* Work with the product owner to translate roadmap features into user stories, suggesting technical solutions and identifying risks.
* Design and develop new features and functionality for our documentation and help authoring products.
* Collaboratively refine and adapt the technological approach and continuously improve the development process.
* Learn new technologies and keep abreast of existing technologies.
* Work with QA and operations teams to identify and resolve customer issues.
Senior Software Developer Mandatory Requirements & Qualifications:
* Ability to legally work in the U.K.
* A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field.
* Mid to senior-level experience in:
* developing solutions with Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) framework for desktop applications.
* developing applications with C#/.NET back-end functionality using Microsoft Visual Studio.
* .NET, WPF, Unit Testing, Async and applying MVVM patterns.
* Demonstrated experience in developing quality, maintainable and well-designed software. Good understanding and practical experience with OOA/OOD/OOP and the application of SOLID principles. Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment experience using Azure DevOps and Git.
* Experience in working with agile methodologies including Scrum and/or Kanban.
* Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
* Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
* Ability to work independently, with a strong focus on problem solving and identification of systemic issues that can lead to an optimized process or workflow.
* Demonstrate a positive attitude and willingness to help resolve a wide range of issues