Job ID 331702
Title: Senior Solutions Architect
Salary: £84,000 Circa
Are you an experienced Solutions Architect with a background in managing end-to-end projects and looking to join a forward-thinking tech business?
Utilita is currently on the search for a Solutions Architect to join a growing team where you will work closely with key stakeholders across the business to help design, strategise and carry out new project delivery.
What we can offer you?
A world of opportunity for someone who shares our passion for people. Plus, all the benefits you’d expect from one of the nation’s biggest and foremost energy challenger brands, including: competitive salary, contributory pension scheme, bonus up to 15% of salary, Employee Assistance Programme – and a certified Great Place to Work!
What does this role involve?
The solutions architecture team works with all areas of IT Development to conceptualise and design dynamically scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant and resilient solutions for Utilita’s business applications.
You will research, recommend and direct on new tools, technologies and standards, including security, whilst ensuring applications are scalable, supportable and fit for purpose.
Who we are looking for
Your in-depth experience in a software development environment will have provided a solid base for your Architectural skills.
Your hands-on experience of architectural concepts such as performance, security, scaling and integration will provide the structure you need when designing new solutions.
Your experience of creating and implementing end-to-end solutions whilst ensuring technical alignment will be key to your success in this role.
Your excellent stakeholder skills will allow you to interact with all levels of the business to ensure a consistent approach.
Your extensive knowledge of Technical Design Authority will support in governing new architectural patterns, updating existing architectures and making project based architectural decisions.
Additional benefits available on your first day!
* Utilita Bonus Scheme, made up of personal and company elements.
* Career progression, over 30% of roles filled so far in 2022 have been from internal moves.
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
* The opportunity to win tickets to major outdoor events with Utilita Extra –including, gigs and shows at the Utilita Newcastle, Sheffield and Birmingham arenas.
* Discounted employee energy tariffs.
* Access for you and one other to our partnered Unmind App, where you can watch or listen to videos and podcasts or get hints and tips to understand and improve on your mental wellbeing.
* We are in the process of setting up our own charitable foundation and offer all our staff a paid volunteering day every year. Plus the chance to be involved in various fund-raising opportunities.
* A health care scheme that includes dental, eye care, treatments, and diagnostics health consultations.
* Death in service, twice your annual salary.
* Employee Assistance Programme with access to counselling support, legal and financial advice 24/7 365 days a year, as well as a GP line and Your Care.
Founded in 2003, Utilita is the first – and still only – energy company created to help households use less energy, by giving them better control via digital technology, including its industry-leading smartphone app (USwitch Awards best app 2018, 2020 and 2022).
Utilita is Britain’s leading Smart Pay as You Go energy provider, with over 800,000 customers, and thanks to having better control, its customers use around 11% less energy than the average bill paying household.
Utilita is committed to becoming a net zero business by 2030 and was named Green Energy Disruptor of the Year at the Better Society Energy Awards in October 2021