Job ID 339125
Title: Senior Technical Engineer
Our client is looking for a technical lead for their IT team, monitoring and maintaining technology – both end user and back office, contributing to network design and support, and providing expertise to the Service Desk. The Senior Technical Engineer will have excellent fault-finding skills and will be able to communicate with all levels of the business in non-technical language.
You will be a significant contributor to the company's cyber security approach and will lead on threat response, if called upon. You will provide technical expertise within strategy discussions with the Head of Technology.
You will be a mentor to junior technical staff, sharing your knowledge and encouraging personal development.
Key skills Technical:
You must have a strong hands-on understanding of:
· Microsoft suite: Windows, M365 (E3 plus E5 Enterprise Mobility & Security)
· MacOS, iOS, Android, IP Telephony, Cisco Meraki, Mimecast, Salesforce
· Web technologies: CDNs, DNS, domain management, SSL, hosting platforms
· Networks: WAN, LAN & WiFi, VLAN, VPN
· Audio Visual systems
· Deep understanding of SAAS solutions and how to manage these.
· Good understanding of contingency planning and business recovery
· Keeps up to date with technology and current industry talking points.
· Great written and verbal communication skills
· An ability to work and think strategically
· Demonstrates transparency and trust with colleagues, consultants and contractors
· Strong organisational and time management skills; an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality, being vigilant for anything that could threaten a project being delivered on time or to agreed costs
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website