Job ID 304745
Senior Technical Support Engineer – JCB
Our Support Services team play an essential role within the Microlise Group, ensuring our global customer base receive a speedy and professional response to technical issues and incidents. We are looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer to provide expert level knowledge when it comes to troubleshooting, whilst working closely with multiple resolving teams and handling advanced incidents and problems; delivering the highest level of service.
Proudly Midlands based, our solutions deliver value to a number of household names including JCB, Eddie Stobart, Carlsberg, Waitrose and Royal Mail – to name a few! If you’re passionate about delivering a first class customer service, and seeing technical incidents through to resolution, then we want to hear from you!
This is a hybrid role whilst working on-site for one of our customers (JCB) in Uttoxeter, Staffordshire and occasional visits to our Head Office in Nottingham, in line with business needs.
What you’ll be doing:
* Provide advanced technical support via phone, portal or in person
* Manage and resolve incidents, requests and problems within set SLAs – communicating effectively with customers
* Handle functional and customer escalations
* Identify root cause
* Create tools for use by other analysts, and provide continuous support and mentoring to improve performance
* Ensure knowledge articles are created, validated and published
* Create technical documentation
* Identify scope for or items for inclusion in service improvement plans
What we’re looking for:
* Demonstrable experience in a 3rd Line or Senior Technical/Customer Support role
* Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to approach problems from all angles to resolve Incidents/Problems and recognise patterns
* Organised and with a flexible approach to adapt to changing priorities
* Experience working to Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements
* Evident technical infrastructure experience
* Application support experience
* Experience of managing blue chip customers
* Excellent communication skills, with the ability to interpret and relay technical information clearly and concisely
Though not essential, it would be highly advantageous if you have the following:
* ITIL foundation
* SQL Server skills (MSSQL or similar) and knowledge of querying databases at a high level
This is a full time position working Monday – Friday, however the team do operate out of hours on a rota basis to support our customers where necessary.
When your groceries arrive at your door or you sign for your online parcel, one or more of our software, telematics or proof-of-purchase solutions has probably been used. Microlise has been operating for over thirty years, and in July 2021 became a Publicly Listed Company with shares trading on the London Stock Exchange. Our growing business is guided by our culture which drives the way we behave, the way we work, the way we connect with our customers, and the way we support and develop our people.
* Great Place to Work certified – We have been recognised by the global authority on workplace culture, so come be a part of our success!
* Full support and training to ensure you are well equipped to succeed in your role
* Access to our salary sacrifice EV Car Scheme – payments are made before tax and other contributions, so saving you money, whilst doing your bit for the environment!
* Private medical insurance with Vitality Health including rewards for members such as: Free Amazon Prime, Apple Watch, discounted gym membership and many more!
* 25 days holiday, excluding bank holidays, increasing with service
* Invested in employee health and well-being with over 20 mental health first aiders in the business
* Employee Assistance Programmes
* Free Costco membership, 20% off EE mobile and line rental, and other local discounts
* Great staff extras: Easter eggs, yearly BBQ, Christmas gifts and annual staff awards
* Free Microlise Cresswell Racing Tickets, support British Superbikes
* Free Ilkeston Town FC home tickets, with access to hospitality box
* Executive Box at Motorpoint Arena Nottingham
For successful candidates, interviews will take place whilst the advert is still live; so don’t delay getting your application in!
Whilst we make every effort to directly source candidates for our live roles, we do have a very small preferred supplier list on the occasion we may require additional support. We therefore do not accept speculative CVs and/or cold calls to our Recruitment Team or Hiring Managers.
Please note: The successful candidate’s job title will be Product Support Specialist in line with our organisational structure