Job ID 198841
Job Title: Service Desk Analyst
Location: United Kingdom-Remote working based close to Babcock Hub such a Portsmouth, Bristol, Devonport, Rosyth, or Leicester
Compensation: Attractive salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF43634
We are seeking an ambitious and hard working Service Desk Analyst to join our business, working remotely within our Technical Service Desk Team. You'll be supporting and providing an excellent 1st line support service for all software, hardware, and network issues to our customers, while at the same time developing a future career with Babcock International.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone to provide fault management and rectification support across the infrastructure. Therefore, excellent people and planning skills, focused on quality and attention to detail, ability to problem solve complex technical issues as well as the ability to work under pressure are all key attributes in securing this role.
What will you be doing?
As a Service Desk Analyst you will play a key role in providing first line technical support through agreed Service Levels and Key Performance Indicators.
Your duties will include:
* To answer calls received to the Service Desk, logging all calls received as issues or requests to agreed standards
* To utilise active listening techniques to understand and interpret customer requirements when logging calls, prioritising them against agreed SLAs
* To utilise problem analysis techniques to diagnose and rectify technical problems and queries following first line fix criteria, and where possible resolve at first call
* Escalate as appropriate to ensure a prompt restoration of service arranging for the relevant 2nd and 3rd line specialists to address and resolve incidents
* To perform a customer facing role focused on delivering first class customer service, against established Service Desk performance targets and SLA's
* To assist with mailbox processing when required, logging customer issues/requests and replying to any queries
The experience you'll bring
* Proven Service/Help Desk experience
* Customer Service Experience, both face to face and over the phone
* Proven experience in using a Service Management system to manage all incidents and requests.
* Experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Applications, Printer faults and Operating systems.
* Ability to apply technical fixes, using agreed IT toolsets
* Ability to utilise active listening, analysing and understanding the needs of the customer
* ITIL awareness
* Must hold or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
All applications should be made online