Job ID 307674
An award-winning, integrated business solutions provider is currently recruiting for an experienced Service Desk Manager. If you can demonstrate a passion for IT, ideally having worked in a leadership capacity within a fast-paced service desk environment, then you could be perfect and we'd love to see your CV.
This is a full-time permanent role offering a salary of up to £50,000. You will be office-based at the company's Orpington or Rochester sites however at times may be required for attendance at on-site client meetings. There is also an expectation that you may work out of hours when required, including evening and occasional weekends.
As Service Desk Manager you will lead your Team to deliver high performance in the areas of IT Service Management and Support. Reporting to the Technical Service Director you will manage the day to day operation of the Service Desk. You will be able to manage varied tasks with conflicting priorities, you will have great leadership skills – (our staff are critical to our success) and understand complex IT Service Management requirements.
You will build great partnerships within the team across the UK and India and manage interdependencies with other key departments in the business. You will support the Management Team in establishing effective relationships with customers and internal stakeholders and ensure the effective operation of the Service Desk and Team.
Liaising directly with management, team members and customers, building, and maintaining relationships, you will be committed to providing the highest quality person centered service with well-being of customers being at the heart of your approach.
Operational responsibilities to include…
– Monitor the day-to-day operations of your service including line management of the L1, L2 and L3 Engineers and the Service Desk
– Lead regular team meetings and cascade business information to direct reports
– Ensuring that financial targets are met, and budgets adhered to
– Maintaining customer satisfaction as per set targets and maximising team Involvement
– Implement strategies to sustain service levels and prevent loss of customers
– Manage staff resources including recruitment and deployment of rotas
– Lead on complaint investigations and ensure compliance with timeframes
– Ensure the service operates in compliance with all legal requirements
– Understand and adhere to the standards and frameworks as defined by ITIL
The role will suit a skilled IT Technician with experience providing a high standard of leadership and support in fast-paced service desk settings. You will combine a customer service-oriented approach with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to delegate to, supervise and motivate a team essential. A background in a business services environment would be ideal however is not essential.
The business you'll be working for is a leading provider of integrated business services, providing corporate solutions to small, medium and large businesses throughout the UK for over two decades. They are proud of their inclusive culture, providing a clear foundation for their people, who are integral to the achievement of the firm's strategy.
Interested? If you think you're right for this Service Desk Manager role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.
Coburg Banks Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy