Job ID 307199
Job Title: Service Desk Shift Supervisor
Location: Lakeside, Portsmouth
Compensation: £29,500 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF46090
Make a Difference
We are seeking a motivated Service Desk Shift Supervisor to join our business, as part of the 12×7 shift team within the Technical Service Desk. You'll be supporting and providing an excellent 1st line support service for all software, hardware, and network issues to our customers, while at the same time supervising and motivating a small team of Service Desk Analysts.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone to provide fault management and rectification support across the infrastructure. Therefore, excellent people and planning skills, focused on quality and attention to detail, ability to problem solve complex technical issues as well as the ability to work under pressure are all key attributes in securing this role.
What will you be doing?
As a Senior Service Desk Shift Analyst, you will play a key role in providing first line technical support through agreed Service Levels and KPIs. This role will involve working shifts on a 4 on / 4 off basis of either 6.30am- 6.30pm or 8.30am – 8.30pm onsite at Portsmouth.
Your duties will include:
* To supervise and motivate a small team of Service Desk Analysts to meet targets and productivity goals
* To provide initial point of contact for technical and process escalations from service desk analysts.
* To provide support to the management team in the form of ad-hoc coaching and resource management during out of hours.
* To perform a customer facing role focused on delivering first class customer service, against established Service Desk performance targets and SLA's
* To assist and organised the shift specific duties, ensuring they are completed in a timely manner and their processes are maintained.
The experience you'll bring
* Proven Service/Help Desk experience
* Customer Service Experience, both face to face and over the phone
* Experience in motivating and supervisor a small team.
* Proven experience in using a Service Management system to manage all incidents and requests.
* Ability to apply technical fixes, using agreed IT toolsets
* Ability to utilise active listening, analysing and understanding the needs of the customer
* ITIL awareness
* Must hold or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Interested to hear more? Please send across your CV and I will be in touch