Job ID 333966
ServiceNow Senior Technical Consultant
New World Tech are a team of consultants with immense experience that enables us to understand customers business problems and execute real business outcomes to resolve them. We strive to unlock value for our customers with future proofed products and services, delivered in a highly secure manner, with a quicker time to market and less capital-intensive means of delivering business improvement and cloud integration.
The primary role of the Senior Technical Consultant is to work closely with Customers and the wider ServiceNow Team to understand and translate their business and technical requirements, propose solutions to business problems and lead the technical delivery of the chosen solution.
Specifically, the Senior Technical Consultant will provide technical consulting services to clients; contribute to the design and delivery of technical solutions including customizing package-based solutions, data design and conversion, technically-focused testing, and configuring technical infrastructure components; and serve as a technical resource on a team. You will develop and demonstrate specialized knowledge and skills in ServiceNow as an enterprise solution.
Main Duties Include;
* Develop defined solutions to meet defined requirements to a high standard of quality, including configuration, scripting, testing, demonstrations to customers, UAT and go-live support.
* Troubleshoot advanced configuration and scripting issues and deliver high quality ServiceNow implementations based on business process requirements
* Ensure adherence to coding and design standards, and providing technical hand-over documentation
* Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills while interacting with customers as a senior technical expert
* Assists the Business Analyst in estimating release level of effort, including story estimates and technical tasks
* Provides mentoring and guidance for ServiceNow Technical and Graduate Consultants and take ownership of complex business requirements and works them to completion
* Consult with customers while developing technical solutions including challenging and validating the customer requirements with regards to “needs” versus “wants”. Working with the client, this requires thought leadership in transforming business process requirements to true business outcomes
* Creates technical documentation, such as Runbooks, Implementation Guides and High Level Designs and contribute to the development of technical procedures and standards
* Able to work as part of a team or individually to project timelines, you will need to be pro-active, creative and able to research solutions and make recommendations, willing to learn and take on new challenges.
* 5-year minimum experience development and deployment experience with the ServiceNow platform
* 3rd party integration experience with the ServiceNow platform using REST, SOAP, SFTP, MID, etc.
* Certified System Administrator
* Mainline Certified Implementation Specialist or Certified Application Developer
* Professional consulting experience
* Preferred Qualifications
* BA/BS Degree in IT, IS or business-related field or equivalent professional experience
* Demonstrated knowledge of technical components such as LDAP, VPN, SSL and other such technologies
* Additional specialist ServiceNow certifications or experience such as HR, CSM, FSM, Service Portal, CMDB, SAM, Discovery, ITOM, ITBM, PPM
Ideally you will have obtained some of the following certifications;
* ServiceNow Certified Administrator
* Service Now Certified Implementation Specialist
* Service Now Application Developer
* ITIL Foundation
* Experience working in the ServiceNow Partner Eco-System
To see what other ServiceNow roles we have available, please see our CV-Library profile or visit our Careers page