Job ID 191868
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our team as a Model Risk SharePoint Developer working together with colleagues to plan, design and build SharePoint services to assist with achieving control requirements and managing Model Risk in Treasury.
This is a truly unique opportunity to join at the beginning of building a new function within HSBC's Global Treasury function that will have a material impact on profitability and the way we do business. We are looking for people who have worked in development in the financial sector and have specific have experience of developing SharePoint services and utilising SharePoint farms for highly quantitative end user communities.
The role holder will lead specific workstreams to design, develop and administer SharePoint site(s) to meet the Model Risk Policy requirements in order to ensure the end user can more efficiently analyse and manage risks to profitability and liaise with cross functional teams to implement changes to the technology stack. This includes, but is not limited to, balance sheet usage, funding costs, interest rate risk, liquidity risk, RWAs & capital covering multiple jurisdictions and regulatory regimes.
As part of a global team the role will involve working with multiple regional & functional teams with a view to articulating specific tooling needs, identifying best practice in terms of building SharePoint services and introducing this across multiple regions. The role will have a heavy emphasis on the use of technology for risk management and will include supporting teams focused on the enhancement of relevant models including liquidity risk, interest rate risk, RWAs & capital.
In this role, you will:
Impact on the Business
* Build scalable and maintainable SharePoint services to optimise resources across multiple products, entities and regions to create a broader range of opportunities for the Group/entities and business teams to improve the profitability of their segment
* Improving the services will allow faster decisions to be made as impact assessments will be less manual and there will be fewer "versions of the truth" used to inform decisions
* Ultimately will enable elements of the cost saving agenda due to automation of complex control requirements
Customers / Stakeholders
* Liaise with relevant stakeholders within IT, Entities (in particular Global Treasury), Global Businesses and Global Functions (e.g. business line FRM, Global Risk Analytics etc)
* Partner closely with the specialist functions in Global Treasury
* Actively participate in and where appropriate lead cross-functional working groups to understand requirements, build and maintain SharePoint services for adoption by the end user
Leadership & Teamwork
* Demonstrate strong communication skills by influencing others, including peers, senior management, colleagues within the regions/countries to removing barriers to change
* Provide thought leadership on how to practically lever technology to solve business problems quickly
* Develop and lead both a functional and virtual team creating opportunities for them to learn and deliver against the overall department objectives
* Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects HSBC brand
Operational Effectiveness & Control
* Comply with all required internal policies and external rules or laws ensuring taking into account all of the relevant policies and rules applicable to any given business process
* Ensure all team members are aware using the SharePoint site(s), keeping in line with internal policies and external rules including those relevant to money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and other reputational risks
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
* Extensive broad-based banking experience as a developer in financial services with preference for those who have focused on IRRBB, Liquidity and Capital
* At least two years' experience in SharePoint development and maintenance, including understanding the use of a SharePoint farm to provide a set of SharePoint services to support in a single or multiple sites, including testing
* At least two years' experience in SharePoint migration, administration, designing and developing custom workflows, and end user training
* Experience in cloud technology, AWS and company's private data centre(s) in different geographical locations
* Innovative problem solving
* Highly numerate with strong background mathematic disciplines e.g. computer science, statistics, physics, engineering, etc
* Deep knowledge of software development and experience/ awareness in a range of coding languages and technologies e.g. Python, C++, SharePoint, Java, HTML, ASPX, SQL, AWS, Oracle
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience of preparing and communicating key messages and recommendations to senior management and other stakeholders
* Strong influencing, interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
* Result oriented and team player who can foster strong and collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders
* Have both theoretical and practical knowledge of agile and/or lean software development