Job ID 191053
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
Due to expansion, Node4 are looking to recruit an additional two Software Engineers to join our fantastic software development team. The team develops and maintains software systems that support Node4’s business (billing systems, quoting tools, internal automation tools) and customer facing systems (customer and partner-facing portals, etc). Leveraging the systems to create real market leadership in customer experience
Node4 provides colocation, connectivity and communication solutions, delivered across a national MPLS network powered by our industry leading data centres based in Derby, Wakefield and Northampton. Node4 are one the UK's fastest growing privately owned technology-based companies and were recently ranked 45th in the prestigious Sunday Times Tech Track 100 index.
What will you be doing?
* Contribute to direction of technology use, continuously improving software lifecycles, and manage technical debt.
* Participate in the team’s agile process, including planning, daily stand ups, reviews, and retrospective activities.
* Development of features in-line with the development team product roadmap and coding standards
* Follow SOLID principles to develop well-architected, reusable, testable and maintainable classes and components
* Write automated tests to ensure code quality remains high
* Write documentation to ensure that other team members and users can maintain and use any features created respectively
* Working within a team environment, follow and contribute to team conventions on version control, documentation, sharing of work, and testing.
* Follow team development lifecycles and continuous integration and deployment practices
* Work with various stakeholders within Node4 to help expose their technology into customer, partner and staff portals at Node4.
What will you bring
* Self-driven and self-managed, with good forward planning skills
* Be polite, friendly, and helpful in all your interactions
* End-user focused approach to software development
* Innovative and dynamic, with creative problem solving
* A genuine passion for technology and learning
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, being proactive in their communications across the business
* Excellent time management skills and an ability to prioritise and multi-task
* Being able to work as part of a team
* Experience building web applications with front and backend components and an understanding of typical design patterns for communication between components
* An understanding of typical software development practices and workflows
* Experience with version control technologies, ideally git, and experience following a branching workflow
Why join us?
Recognised as one of the UK’s 100 Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work®, Node4 is an innovative Managed Services Provider, offering IT infrastructure and services, all flexibly deployed across our own infrastructure fabric and the public cloud.
We provide a range of solutions, including cloud services to support hybrid and multi-cloud models, connectivity, data services, collaboration, and security. This enables us to help UK businesses in every sector do more in the digital age.
Work for Node4 and you will be part of a friendly, supportive culture focused on delivering Exceptional Service as a Standard (ESaaS) to our customers – and one another