Job ID 330189
My prestigious clients are currently seeking an experienced, qualified and time-served Software Engineer for their modern facility in Leicestershire.
The role is permanent and it will split between working from home and the office.
* Work efficiently within the development team on the maintenance of the product and on the implementation of new functionality
* Develop code to a given design and software development standards
* Perform testing of the code to agreed test plan
* Identify and implement code fixes for reported issues
* Actively contribute to ideas on the application of software technologies, ways to improve the product and its associated infrastructure
* Completion of work to time, quality and cost
* Undertake technical reviews of work performed within the group
* Coach and mentor developers with technical advice and good development practices
* Apply knowledge of software design principles.
Technical Skills Required
* Substantial experience developing in C++ (at least 4 years of experience)
* Experience developing in Java or C# or similar.
* Proven experience in software engineering process such as agile development
* Knowledge of object oriented software design including UML.
* Experience of Jetbrains and experience with source code configuration control.
* Ideally knowledge of graphic libraries, such as OpenGL.
* Good technical problem solving skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills
* Have an enthusiastic, can-do approach
* Bachelor degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related fields.
What we offer
A competitive salary and company benefits.
Join one of the 10 biggest companies within this field in the world that also features in the top 100 for the industry.
* Excellent development programme
* Diverse interesting work packages
* Great opportunities for professional Learning & Development
* Gain extensive cutting edge aerospace knowledge
* Flexible Working Hours
* Friendly Working Environment with varied Social Activities
* 25 days holiday plus public holidays on a standard calendar – 31 days on our flexible calendar
* Competitive pension (company matched)
* Free car park
* Hybrid scheme