Job ID 303018
Software Engineer in Test (Python / Linux)
Tewkesbury / work from home hybrid – £45,000 – £53,000
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Test Automation Engineer / Software Engineer in Test to join of one of the fastest growing and most exciting technology companies in the area.
The Software Engineer in Test will join a high performing team and help to develop the organisations automation capabilities. You will also contribute to the overall quality of testing throughout the business – through both R&D and tech projects. You will ultimately help to improve the quality of each of the products they develop.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role will include:
* Design & implement high quality tests for embedded and user-facing software applications
* Developing new and improving existing automated tests
* Investigate emerging automation techniques and technologies
* Be fully involved in the wider Agile/Scrum team
To be successful in the role, you will likely have experience of the following:
* Experience with Linux systems
* Writing automated tests with Python or Robot
* Continuous integration and TDD
* JIRA / TestRail or similar
* Ideally experience testing products with embedded software
A relaxed and flexible working culture is promoted; casual dress, flexible working hours, a collaborative approach, pool table and an office bar. There is a real emphasis on training, self-development and progression.
Based in Tewkesbury, the role is easily commutable from Cheltenham, Gloucester, Worcester & Stroud, plus they have a number of people commuting in from Bristol. The office is based just off the M5 and there is free parking on-site. The company operate a hybrid working environment, with 3 days in the office and 2 days work from home.
You will need to be eligible to obtain SC (Security Clearance) for this role – although prior clearance is not required and you are able to start the job without it