Job ID 342425
Our client has a vacancy for a Software Engineer with a sound understanding of Software design and concepts .It is for a permanent staff role near Ellesmere Port.
We are looking for
* A good quality degree preferably in software engineering or related discipline
* Sound understanding of software design principles and concepts coupled with an ability to communicate effectively in a mixed level team
* Development capability in C# with SQL, .NET, with optional capability in C
* Knowledge of working with SVN and GIT source control
The role is in a very sensitive area of the nuclear industry and the individual will be required to achieve SC level of security clearance. This is a long process will take 3/4 months for a UK passport holder, so we are probably looking at a summer 2023 start date!
What does the job involve?
The role will includes all the following but candidates are expected to grow int the position and may not have done everything .
· Generation of bespoke software solutions for company products including documentation, code generation and test
· Liaison with internal specialists and customers to understand their requirements and to work collaboratively with them to develop a range of solutions to meet their needs
· Development of existing and new products and services to grow new business opportunities
· Provide routine maintenance, trouble shooting and training support to customers for their existing systems
· Management of external suppliers for delivery of activities to support customer projects and internal development activities
· Installation and commissioning of company products on customer sites
· Regular customer interaction to understand their technical requirements and ensure that products are meeting their expectations
• Generation and management of documentation requirements including drawings such as network and database schematics, operator and maintenance manuals, commissioning procedures etc.
· Capability to develop project proposals including schedule and cost forecasts
· Ability to manage project deliverables and provide clear status reporting to internal and external stakeholders
· Requirement for travel to European suppliers and other company/customer sites
What skills and experience do you need?
As a Sofware Engineer, you will have
· A good quality degree preferably in software engineering
· Sound understanding of software design principles and concepts coupled to an ability to communicate effectively in a mixed level team
· Use of software and system modelling techniques such as state charts, UML and others
· Disciplined and structured approach with logical thought process
· Development capability in C# and SQL, with optional capability in C
· Knowledge of end-to-end build process automation and other tasks in the software development loop including scripting languages and installers
· Knowledge of working in an Agile development environment
· Benefits of source control and application of source control with in a project using version control tools
· Coding styles and standards
· Knowledge of test driven development and ability to develop appropriate test regimes
· Knowledge of Cyber security measures, system back-up and recovery
· Good interpersonal skills and a high level of computer literacy
· An ability to speak French or German in addition to English would be an advantage
What are the pay and benefits ?
· £60,000 to £66,000 per annum
· Company performance bonus. ( £3K)
· 25 days holiday rising to 28 days after 6 years’ service.
· Company Sick Pay.
· Defined contribution pension scheme. 11% / 16%
Flexi time /13 SWAD days off per annum