Job ID 313383
* The Software tester primary role is to ensure our software operates as intended.
* Responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating, and overall quality assurance for software services and products.
Main Duties & responsibilities:
With support and training from Testing Manager:
* Design and prepare test scenarios and plans to effectively and efficiently test the software change.
* Conduct software testing to ensure software is fit for purpose.
* Ensure errors and security issues are identified, recorded, prioritised and corrected before release.
* Uses agreed department tools to record activities.
* Communicates activities via test manager using agreed status recording procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
* Demonstrates understanding of the importance of clear and accurate documentation of software tests.
* Demonstrates an interest in software development and the importance of the software development lifecycle.
* Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of security by design and how to test for software errors.
* Logical and creative thinker.
* Ability to work independently and take some responsibility using own initiative.
* Ability to communicate in a variety of styles and situations.
* Studied in IT related subject post-secondary education or comparable on-the-job experience as a Software Quality Engineer or Analyst.
* Good working knowledge of ERP
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Building relationships within the team around the business
Testing training and guidance will be provided – however, a good foundation in Msys applications with an interest in moving in to the IT development team
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities and a professional environment where you can acquire, use, and continue developing your skills.
Your package will include:
* Competitive Salary and pension scheme with life assurance
* 25 Days Holiday (plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays)
* Employee Assistance Programme supporting wellness with immediate access to:
1. GP consultation and second opinions
2. Mental health support
3. Financial and Legal support
4. Wellbeing and healthy living support
* Employee referral scheme with financial reward
* Professional Membership and Study Sponsorship
* Pass scheme (£100 to undertake training of your choice)
* Subsidised canteen
At TVS SCS we encourage and support our employees to realise their potential. They are empowered to take initiative, and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and our customers.
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
We are currently operating on a hybrid working basis, there will however be a period of time at the start of your employment spent fully working in our office, familiarising yourself with our systems and processes.
TVS Supply Chain Solutions are a world leading supply chain and logistics services provider, implementing innovative supply chain solutions as true partners with a broad range of blue chip organisations worldwide. Our clients operate in diverse sectors such as Defence, Utilities, Automotive, Rail and Beverage but they all have time-sensitive, business critical missions to deliver and TVS are an essential and integral component in their performance – with our help they achieve their business goals.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer