Job ID 328319
Role: Solution Architect
Location: Remote Based (UK)
Salary: £65,000 – £75,000pa + Benefits
Skills: Solution Architecture, SDLC, Software Design, Cloud, TOGAF (Desirable)
Exciting opportunity for a Solution Architect to join my client's team, responsible for producing strategic architecture for technical solutions across the business. You will be able to understand requirements and create designs to be developed and implemented into the business. You will have a strong background working in a solutions environment, with excellent knowledge of the SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle), and be able to deliver technology projects.
Key responsibilities for the Solution Architect role include:
* Identify and specify technical solutions to problems within the business
* Defining features, development phases and solution requirements
* Working between Enterprise Architecture and technical delivery functions within the business, ensuring strategic objectives and planning are converted into deliverable functions.
* Deliver projects across technology and the wider business
* Create clear & concise business and technical documentation
* Design, modify and test technical architecture, ensuring that proposals lie within strategic, performance and functional parameters
* Works with stakeholders in shaping the overall project portfolio to best meet business strategy whilst evolving the architecture towards the target
Key experience required for the Solution Architect:
* A background in a technical environment, where you have designed technical solutions
* Full understanding of the SDLC, including knowledge of development technologies:.Net technologies (C#), Java, SQL Server, Python or Oracle.
* Knowledge of Integration technologies
* Working knowledge of Technical Solution processes and associated techniques in line
* Cloud platform experience – Azure, AWS, Google or Private Cloud
* Experience as a Solution Architect over one or more years
* Detailed understanding of development languages and processes
* Solid understanding of infrastructure, network and data topologies and terms.
This is a remote based role, with occasional travel required, maybe once a month at most. Candidates will be keen to be involved at a strategic level, and be expected to be involved in improving processes as well as delivering on the technical solutions for the business. TOGAF certified would be an advantage, but not essential