Job ID 342730
SQL Server DBA
UK based, Remote Working
£45,000 – £5,000 (DOE) + Benefits
How does working for an established energy services provider for over 40 years sound? My client helps organisations manage their energy better and are well-respected within their division.
Data is key to this company’s role in the energy industry. The Data Engineering Team is looking for an experienced SQL Server DBA with experience in performance monitoring and tuning, disaster recovery, and high availability using native tools.
The successful SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of our SQL Server databases which support a number of business-critical applications.
* Planning, upgrade, and development of databases, including the management of backups and failover systems as well as providing advice and troubleshooting issues on behalf of users
* Monitor database systems to ensure environments are stable and available
* Perform maintenance operations at regular intervals on SQL Server databases to ensure efficient database operations
* SQL Server DBA tasked to perform database backups, migrations, and restorations of SQL Server databases
* Develop, manage, and test database and information system backup and recovery plans
* Daily contact with other members of the Data team to discuss priorities, ongoing work and deliver progress updates
* SQL Server DBA with an appropriate professional qualification or degree
* Practical experience of administering SQL Server databases
* Knowledge of computer networks, protocols, and security, including Active Directory
* Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
* Ability to diagnose and resolve a range of complex technical issues
* Pension scheme after 3 months – matching up to 8% of employee contribution
* Simplyhealth Cash Plan after probationary period
* Professional qualifications sponsorship
* Career development opportunities in a growing Group of companies
* Increasing holiday with length of service (20 – 25 days pa plus bank holidays)
* Holiday EXTRA – purchase up to 5 days extra holiday per year
* Employee Assistance programmes – health, legal, counselling (through Simply Health).
Apply now and we can discuss this in more detail and provide you with a more detailed job description.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search