Job ID 282839
Strategic Category Manager – London
Position: Strategic Category Manager
Location: London (hybrid working, x2 in office)
Contract: Initial 6-month Fixed Term Contract
Hours: Full time
Salary/Benefits: £400-£600/day (Umbrella)
*Must currently hold valid CTC vetting to apply*
Role Details – Strategic Category Manager
We are currently looking for a Strategic Category Manager to join a renowned organisation based in London on an initial 6-month Fixed Term Contract.
The Strategic Category Manager will be responsible for providing commercial leadership and support for infrastructure BAU and specific projects (including re-procurement of different services and contracts).
Key responsibilities of the Strategic Category Manager
* Developing key stakeholder relationships, challenging business demand where required.
* Developing specifications to deliver requirements that are in line with business needs, category strategies and market trends.
* Sourcing Technology Infrastructure, Software, Professional Services
* Knowledge and application Public Contract Regulations 2015 applied to sourcing and contract management
* Working as part of a team, with differing abilities, in order to deliver to set outcome.
* Managing own workload with competing priorities balancing operationally urgent and important tasks to deliver to key deadlines.
* Writing business reports in order to comply with governance requirements and create commercial sections of relevant board papers.
* Support to stakeholders on managing leverage and bottleneck supplier contracts including commercial intervention.
Key skills required of the Strategic Category Manager
* Highly effective communicator who can work with diverse group of stakeholders and senior managers
* Experience of using systems to generate management information/reporting to drive decision making
* Technology procurement experience and knowledge to support established Group Category Plans across the Technology category and enable implementation of Category Strategies;
* Excellent experience sourcing technology infrastructure, professional services and software including licensing requirements through Contracts Finder and Crown Commercial Frameworks
* Effective decision making and ability to clearly articulate recommendations escalated to senior managers.
Robert Walters Operations Limited is an employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates