Job ID 320905
How does working for an established energy services provider for over 40 years sound? My client helps organisations manage their energy better and are well-respected within their division.
Our Client is looking a for an experienced Systems Analyst To design, maintain and support their software systems and applications throughout the Software Development Lifecycle. To collaborate productively with stakeholders, users and the technology team to deliver change and improve efficiency and reliability of their application estate.
* Pension scheme after 3 months – currently matching up to 8% of employee contribution
* Simplyhealth Cash Plan after probationary period
* Ongoing learning & development, wide range of opportunities to develop skills and knowledge
* Professional qualifications sponsorship
* Career development opportunities in a growing Group of companies
* Increasing holiday with length of service (20 – 25 days pa plus bank holidays)
* Holiday EXTRA- purchase up to 5 days extra holiday per year
* Employee Assistance programmes – health, legal, counselling (through Simply Health)
* Season Ticket Loans
* Company social activities inc. Summer BBQ, Festive lunch
* Charity fundraising and team-based events, fun days
* Wide range of Sports & Social Events e.g., 6-aside football, badminton
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
* Review and clarification of User Requirements; collaborating with Business Analysts and stakeholders to ensure all requirements are clearly specified and scope defined.
* Design of new software applications and iterations to existing, to ensure User Requirements are met.
* Creation of clear and concise technical specification documents, specifying both functional and non-functional features.
* Review and refine technical documentation and final design in collaboration with Development team.
* Support other members of the team to improve standards.
* Collaborate with Delivery and Support teams to ensure smooth implementation and hand-over.
* Provide technical support and training as required to users of their software and systems.
* Participate in regular training/ learning activities to maintain and develop skills and knowledge.
Requirements for the role
– Problem solving and analytical skills
– Understanding of databases, data models, schemas
– Proficient using SQL to interrogate and manipulate data
– Familiar with SOAP and REST APIs, JSON, XML and other data exchange formats
– Well versed in modern web application development patterns and frameworks
– Able to write clear and concise Functional specifications based on User Requirements
– Awareness of Non-Functional considerations in solution design
– Skilled at creating workflow diagrams and schematics using diagramming tools
– Basic proficiency in one or more scripting or coding languages.
– Strong Excel skills, ability to manipulate and present data
– Articulate, professional and clear verbal communication and presentation skills.
– Present information clearly and in an engaging way.
– 1-2 Years in a systems analyst or development role (Required)
– 1+ year Energy industry experience (Desired)
Apply now and we can discuss this in more detail and provide you with a more detailed job description.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search