Job ID 338048
Sopra Steria’s Aerospace and Defence division works on a number of projects aimed at improving people’s ability to access digital information and services. We are looking for a Senior Technical Architect, specialising in network design, to join our team on a new project delivering essential support services to the UK’s Armed Forces.
You will enjoy this role if you are a hands-on technical enthusiast who is interested in the full lifecycle of a solution, from feasibility to design, through to delivery, and have a sound grasp of key network security concepts and technologies. You will work with a small team to ensure the client solution is well designed and fit for purpose.
What you will be doing:
* Lead the creation and implementation of end-to-end solution/technical designs, ensuring alignment with the strategic technical architecture
* Ensure that the solution design balances client business requirements with the mitigation of cyber security risks, including such aspects as the design of security elements, and identifying potential security gaps in proposed network architecture designs
* Ensure that the solution/design process is adhered to during all phases of project delivery
* Be a thought leader in design and technical subject matter expertise to the team, especially on issues such as the investigation of new technologies and the alignment of technical strategy with key frameworks and standards
* Provide input to key technical documentation and other artefacts
* Mentor and encourage junior technical staff
What you will bring:
* Good knowledge of core Cisco Networking technologies covering switching, routing, Unified Communications, LAN / WAN capabilities, subnetting, VRF (and other routing encapsulations), GRE tunnels and securing Cisco networking devices
* Knowledge of Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems
* Knowledge of Firewall Configuration and Management
* Experience in the design of cross-domain solutions (CSD), including diodes, packet inspection and other similar technologies
* Experience of building automated deployment of network configurations
Would be great if you had:
* IT Security Solutions (Policy Based, Physical, Environment Hardening & Software) & Provisioning and Implementation
* Security monitoring platforms such as SEIM
* Endpoint Management (Device Control, Data Protection, Application Control etc.)
* Microsoft Infrastructure covering Windows Server 2016 / 2022 administration, Active Directory design , MECM / SCOM deployment
* Experience of WAN technologies such as high-grade IP encryption devices
* VMware-based virtual networking
* Familiarity with MOD and their design guidance and policies to align delivery with MOD Joint Service Publications (JSP) 440, 604, including Joining Rules.
Employment type: Full-time, permanent
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Security Clearance Level: DV (You must be eligible and willing to undergo SC/DV Clearance)
Internal Recruiter: Carolyne
Benefits: £5,400 car allowance, 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, private medical, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund which is 3% of base salary
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we’re looking for, please do apply, we’d love to hear from you!
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we support many ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you’re interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.
Loved reading about this job and want to know more about us?
Our Aerospace, Defence and Security business designs, develops and deploys digital solutions that bring clients enduring business value across the UK’s Public and Private sectors. We foster a culture in which employees feel valued and supported, delivering exceptional rates of customer satisfaction in the UK’s most complex safety- and security-critical markets