Job ID 330724
Technical Project Manager (London)
Up to £75K + Company Benefits
About the Company:
The client is a Technology Solutions Provider delivering bespoke Enablement Services putting the user at the heart of everything they design, deliver, and install through their unique end-to-end approach. Recognised by their customers for their reliability and consistence. This is a company that knows they cannot succeed without the success of its staff, so their goal is to empower employees to work on things they are passionate about and give them the autonomy to do so.
A key part of the service offerings are within the construction and retail and hospitality sector, delivering copper and fibre data cabling solutions, as well Active Network and Wireless solutions. Experience and an understanding of Networks, Wireless systems, and data infrastructure is essential for this role. We work within the construction sector proving technology resources to help deliver innovative, sustainable, automated, intelligent buildings, known in the construction industry as a smart building Elements of this role cross from IT to building automation and management so experience and an understanding of IT systems and infrastructure, cloud services, application software and data management and analytics are beneficial for this role, as well as building automation and controls and experience within the construction industry
* Management of multiple projects and assistance to senior project managers.
* Working with project sponsors and stakeholders
* Provide team leadership and single point of contact.
* Build and maintain project programme and documentation.
* Responsibility for building and managing an operational project team this will extend to sub-contractors and partners.
* Ongoing communication with relevant internal functions Finance, Professional and Service Delivery, customer success and experience teams.
* Assist customer success team in building successful bids and costing models.
* Utilise Prince2 and or Agile methodologies and principles as part of project governance techniques.
* Identification and management of all project risk, identifying milestones and dependencies
* Identify and manage scope creep scope.
* Change management – provide alternative solutions and manage the change through the appropriate teams in conjunction with the client, in term of costs.
* Identify contingency plans where required.
* Provide support, mentoring and education to team members.
* Build relationships with client’s project teams and relevant consultants to help a friction free process.
* Collaborate with client representatives and consultants with an aim to maintain governance for connection of subcontracted systems and interfaces.
* Management of project financials and commercials
* Reporting to project director / Head of Department on a regular basis showing progress against schedule and tracking budget versus actuals, manage and identify margin erosion.
* Escalation of project issues to project director / Head of Department as required based in severity.
* Record and transfer lessons learned from projects back to the business through the appropriate means.
* Identifying the potential to up sell additional services or hardware to clients via project variations or additional scope requirements.
* A clear understanding where construction meets IT.
* Experience managing Cost Value Reconciliation (CVR) spreadsheet.
* Experience managing monthly payment applications.
* Ability to manage variation orders.
* Understanding of cloud technologies, such as Microsoft Azure, AWS etc.
* Exposure to IOT devices within the building industry
* An understanding of MQTT and payload structuring
* Capable of managing validation, witness testing and governance of the smart building centralised network of all IP systems used to control and manage.
* Managing and validating naming conventions such as Haystack or Brick for controllers and software points.
* Experience in building management system protocols (BACnet, Modbus and Serial RS485)