Job ID 153425
Our client is a Financial Trading company based in the city, who are seeking the skills of a Technical Project Manager. They are a small, but growing team consisting of researchers and software developers at all levels.
Their day-to-day work is evidence-driven and supported by highly automated processes, and they enjoy a collaborative environment with colleagues from a solid science and technology background.
As the Technical Project Manager, you will support the company by monitoring progress of their various technical projects, prioritise and adapt to changing circumstances, and actively develop roadmaps.
You will ensure timely delivery and that resources are used effectively. To this end, you will implement suitable project management practices and adjust where and when appropriate. You will apply your business awareness to identify and flag risks, while also looking for opportunities to improve.
Your structured mindset will help the team to stay focused and keep the business on track.
Naturally, this role involves reviewing and revising processes and resource allocation regularly, as well as some documenting and reporting responsibilities.
This is a great opportunity for you if you love working with technology as much as with people, as you will be working closely with our group of developers and researchers, coordinating team members, and mentoring junior members of the team.
We are looking for someone that can demonstrate the following:
· Education to BSc. level or higher in a technical, engineering, or related subject
· Several years’ experience with managing complex technical projects or related subject
· High-level aptitude for technology
· Strong understanding of IT software and infrastructure
· Programming experience in C# and the .NET platform is essential
· Database experience (SQL Server, Oracle or equivalent)
· Experience in version control systems (PlasticSCM, Git, Hg, or other) and project management tools (such as YouTrack) is desired, but not essential.
· Enthusiastic attitude and forward-thinking mindset that fosters a thriving work environment
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Attention to detail and thoroughness
· Ability to prioritise
· Fluent English
Candidates with no prior experience in the financial industry are explicitly welcome.
· Competitive remuneration based on your experience
· Potential to grow with your responsibilities, and long-term progression.
· Exposure to the latest technology and software.
· A non-corporate environment with a friendly team and flat hierarchy. Work that is free of bureaucracy and focused on ideas and solutions.
· A range of benefits, such as gym membership, pension scheme, private health insurance, and more.
· Encouragement of good work-life balance and healthy living.
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you and we have piqued your interest to secure your next career move in an innovative financial organisation. Please apply today