Job ID 271035
Technical Support Engineer, London WC1
£45,000 to £60,000 p.a.
Our client is an industry leading online video platform software company with an office based in Central London. They are looking for a Technical Support Engineer with experience in Software Development support and experience within the online video industry, to join the global Technical Support team in providing efficient and accurate technical assistance to ensure complete customer satisfaction for our growing customer base of online video publishers.
The ideal candidate would be a dedicated problem solver, passionate about rich media technologies, and a proven customer advocate. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated with strong technical experience, excellent written and verbal communication skills and high enthusiasm for customer success.
* Working directly with customers via phone and email to respond to technical issues
* Providing escalated technical and triage support for other team members
* Actively contributing to our online community and knowledge database for up-to-date customer information and solutions
* Working closely with our Engineering, Product Management and QA teams to increase customer satisfaction by providing critical feedback and assistance for product enhancements
* Be a part of a global team interacting closely with Support offices in globally, as well as with customers around the world
* Computer Science degree or similar
* 3+ years’ work experience in online technical problem solving.
* Experience with Live Streaming technologies.
* Experience of Software Development support.
* Proven analytical / problem solving ability.
* Proven ability to work with the team to quickly and calmly resolve technical issues.
* Solid understanding of internet technologies including browsers, networking, firewalls & proxy servers
* Strong technology background with a comprehensive knowledge of Internet, Mobile and Digital Online Media technologies such as networking, servers, etc
* Meaningful experience with online video and of video encoding applications
* Familiarity and working knowledge with CDN infrastructures, such as Akamai, Fastly, Limelight, Level3 is a big plus.
* Familiarity and working knowledge with Cloud computing (AWS, S3, Cloudfront, etc).
* Familiarity and working knowledge of Java; experience in Android development is a plus
* Familiarity and working knowledge with rich media applications and mobile SDK development or testing
* Familiarity and working knowledge of RESTful API use, data collection tools, developer support experience
* Exposure and working knowledge in at least one other programming language including Objective C/Swift, PHP, BASH, etc.
* Ability to test, troubleshoot and diagnose ad integrations issues highly desired
* Working knowledge of video ad serving technologies (VAST, VPAID, VMAP, etc) is a plus
* Available to work on-call shifts