Job ID 306689
Full-time temporary contract
£450 a day
Predominantly office based
The purpose of this role is to be responsible for specialist technology areas (domains) within T&Cs' ICT infrastructure. Leading a specialist team to ensuring the continued availability and performance of key products and components. To research and develop in line with emerging technologies, planning and implementing new and changed products and components. As subject matter expert, contribute and maintain Technical Architecture standards.
* Lead research and development (R&D) into new products and features to enhance the performance, functionality, security and reliability of the environment (including joint working with other teams).
* Identify and implement service packs, patches and 'bug' fixes to optimise system performance, security and reliability.
* Define standards for the design and implementation of technology products and components.
* Attend training courses where appropriate.
* Project work on secondment or as a work-package lead.
* Attends Enterprise Architecture Board producing technical design proposals and documentation as required
* Lead on technical escalations with other team members, acting as a point of escalation within specialist area.
* Perform third-line support activities and problem solving.
* Competent in the use of analytical toolsets and any test equipment to identify root cause.
* Raise Requests for Change to address root cause.
* Ensure adherence to NYCC Security Policies
* To monitor and update the incident and service management system as required.
* Contributes towards the continued improvement of T&C specialist components, products & services identifying opportunities for new service capability.
* Proactively monitor and apply strategies to maintain availability.
* Plan adequate technical capacity.
* Adhere to NYCC's Health & Safety policies ensuring third parties adhere to these with particular attention to asbestos related issues
* Manage the staff and technology required to enforce confidentiality, integrity and security of all Information assets.
* Support all elements within the scope of the specialist area.
* Be proactive in supporting other members of the team in all technical issues
* Monitor and troubleshoot service problems
* Operate at the effective SFIA levels
* Deputise for the Technology Group Manager
* Propose objectives and contribute to annual appraisal and development of specialist team members.
* Ensure the specialism is adequately resourced avoiding single points of failure.
* Supervise operational workload of team including regular 1-1s, PPD and IPM.
* Organise and chair regular specialist team meetings.
* Ensure team have documented procedures so that they can provide adequate support for the specialist area.
* Represent specialist area and contribute to Team and Services Planning.
* Allocate resources to Product Design Workshops as required.
* Develop, maintain and ensure the team have documented procedures so that they can provide support for the specialist area.
* Develop, maintain, and implement disaster recovery test plan for the specialist area.
* Ensure knowledge base articles are available, relevant and up to date to support the Service Desk and service users.
* Ensure the highest standards of documentation and change control.
* Ensures that KPIs and reports on performance against Operational Level Agreements, Team Plan and for Contract Management purposes are produced.
* Full ICT infrastructure understanding with subject matter expertise in one or more relevant ICT technical specialism.
* Understanding of IT infrastructure requirements, dependencies and deliverables needed to provide a secure portfolio of services.
* Project management small- to medium-scale projects.
* Problem and Incident Management Techniques
* An excellent understanding of current and emerging IT technologies.
* A good understanding of IT industry best practises and procedures
* Advanced knowledge of current software relating to specialism.
* Experience of working within an enterprise computing environment, both on premise and /or cloud-based computing.
* Expert working knowledge of application technologies, security management techniques, deployment tools and configuration management.
* Significant ICT industry experience in specialist area.
* Proven experience of operating systems in ICT specialism.
* Problem ownership and resolution
* Supervision of staff
* Demonstrable experience of
? Maintaining IT Services and applications in an enterprise environment.
? Using a Configuration Management system.
? Using a Security Management suite.
* Excellent communications skills both oral and written
* Demonstrable problem-solving skills
* Able to work on own initiative and as a part of a team
* Problem ownership, irrespective of the resolving agency
* Ability to absorb new concepts and technologies with the minimum of support
* Willing to work flexible hours to meet the customer's requirements
* Excellent organisational and administrative skills
* Ability to prioritise workloads and delegate effectively
* Good interpersonal skills
* Professional Qualifications/Training/Registrations required by law, and/or essential for the performance of the role
* Cisco CCNP or Microsoft MCSE in a relevant subject pertaining to the post or equivalent.
* A level 4 qualification, equivalent technical qualification or demonstrable relevant experience in a managed enterprise IT environment
* Can demonstrate a good standard of education
If you have the relevant experience and believe you are suitable for the role, please apply directly