Job ID 337629
Job No: Tectre1164
Title: Technology Service & Operations Manager
Salary: Up to £80,000 (dependent on experience)
Location: Alton, Hampshire (on-site)
Main Purpose of the Technology Service and Operations Manager Role:
Facilitates the design and drives the delivery of a high-quality IT service to users, and ensures that the relevant design, delivery, support and improvement processes are in place to meet business needs and strategic objectives.
This position is both customer (user) and supplier facing and requires the setting and managing of expectations within the business and managing service providers to achieve those expectations to a high standard.
The role holder will project manage and contribute to the delivery of relevant services in order to meet the above whilst ensuring that projects, services and processes delivered are aligned with IT Strategy and Service Delivery principles.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Effectively monitor, control and support IT service delivery and ensure services, methodologies, processes and procedures are followed.
2. Ensure effective management, communication and root cause analysis for critical incidents and major IT service change projects
3. Definition, measurement and reporting of Service Levels & KPIs aligned to the business criticality of the service and business risk appetite and responsible for managing the quality of the related service deliverables.
4. Manage IT service risk by documenting, assessing, impacting and timelining items with the potential to disrupt service and ensuring assigned items are actioned in order to mitigate risk
5. Ensure the delivered Services are clearly defined and mitigated, fit for purpose and carry out relevant service reviews as required.
6. Oversee the operational service handover into production and create plans in order to communicate change and mitigate risk of service failure.
7. Ensure that all business processes and internal controls within your role are designed and performed in a way that delivers good customer outcomes and demonstrates effective risk management.
8. To take the operational lead in all matters with regard to the day-to day management of relevant IT service suppliers, including performance reviews, value development, change of service provider in order to maximise overall business performance.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* IT Infrastructure, security & operations and service experience with track record of effective management of change & reporting of performance
* Experience of driving and implementing consistent infrastructure, end use computing and other core IT service delivery, maintenance and support through managed service providers
* Proven track record of implementing modern Infrastructure plans across changing technology initiatives
* Track record of building effective relationships to ensure approved agreed delivery plans
* Drafting, development and implementation of policies, processes, procedures to drive scalable and reliable performance
* Building and Operating IT Risk Management & Implementing Cyber Essentials
* IT Supplier selection, implementation and performance improvement including re-sourcing of suppliers.
* Infrastructure management, ITIL3/4.0, Prince2 / APM Project management and/or Agile qualifications – desirable but not essential
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria for the Technology Service & Operations Manager role, please respond to this with an up to date copy of your CV, quoting both the reference number and title for the job/s you are interested in. If you have any problems during the application process, please call the office on (phone number removed). Our office hours are between 9am – 5pm Monday through to Friday. You may not hear from us straight away due to the level of applications we receive every day. We can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.
Tectre is a specialist IT Recruitment Company. We support our customer in their Positive Action Campaigns for Diversity. To find out more about us please see our website