Job ID 307204
Test Team Lead
Reference: JAN(phone number removed)
Location: Flexible in UK
Salary: £38,000.00 – £50,469.00 Per Annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance and Annual Leave
The RSPB works in the UK and around the world. Carrying out conservation work that you can see from space, built from the ground up. We protect habitats, save species, and help to end the nature and climate emergency.
Our QA Team are at the heart of our RSPB digital area. We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented professional to be a Test Lead that will support the Test Manager to implement the test strategy.
You will be working hands on leading a small team of both manual and automation testers to help build/maintain automation frameworks while working in an agile development team. Monitoring and mentoring junior members of the QA team in your designated team, whilst ensuring all defect are found, analysed, prioritised and resolved within a timely manner.
* Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle.
* Designing test scenarios, scripts or procedures that fit with the concepts of Test Automation
* Confident in writing, programming, and running automated tests and regression suites; having experience in C# for automation
* Provide detailed estimates on allocated test preparation and execution estimates
* Execute testing and record defects found
* Document test completion data to Test Manager to support test reporting and test phase closure
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Being involved and allocating all test delivery performed by Test Analysts and provide support and guidance where required
* Identify and support the implementation of innovative solutions, ensuring approach is documented and shared across the wider practice
* Keeping up to date with new technologies and methodologies and sharing this information with the wider team
* Experience with driving forward modern (e.g., Agile/ SCRUM/ TDD) and traditional test methodologies
* Understanding of agile methodologies such as test-driven development, agile, scrum and testing in an Agile environment
* Detailed knowledge of managing and administering a broad range of Test Management tooling (e.g. Jira/ DevOps)
* Experience in leading a small team of testers
* Understanding across different types of testing practices (e.g., Manual, Automation, Accessibility, Performance Testing)
* Knowledge of the delivery life cycle and best practice in load and performance testing
* Familiar with load and performance test tools, e.g. Load Runner, Jmeter
* Extremely organised and able to manage competing priorities for own and team, driving work activities to deliver against agreed priorities and deadlines, escalating to Test Manager where required
* Excellent team management skills including Performance Management, mentoring and day-to-day management of test analysts
* To be a part of the largest nature conservation charity in the country, consistently delivering successful conservation, forging powerful new partnerships with other organisations, and inspiring others to stand up and give nature the home it deserves
* 34 days of annual leave includes bank holidays
* Employee volunteer day with charity or organisation of choice
* Up to 4 week Sabbatical opportunities after 5 years of service
Closing date: 23:59, Thursday, 2nd February 2023
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position asap.
If you would like to apply and find out more about this position, please click the apply button to be directed to our website.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
No agencies please