Job ID 273856
* Creation and development of software applications as required by the business.
* Analysis of development requirements as determined by business need.
* Provision of Back-office systems support – covering the company's ERP systems and in house developed software packages.
* Monitoring and maintenance of computer systems and networks; including back-ups, password security and software maintenance/updates.
* Communication to staff/clients through a series of actions either by telephone or face to face.
* Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults.
* Provision of support documentation, including procedural guides
* Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
* Supporting new applications; to include training of users when required
* Respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
* Following through tasks until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
* Prioritisation and management of several open cases at one time
* Rapid establishment of good working relationships in order to ensure successful software development outcomes.
* Testing and evaluation of new technology.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by the management from time to time.
Requirements – Qualities – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for the Software Developer Position
The basic qualities – skills, knowledge, and abilities expected that the Software Developer should have include the following:
* Demonstrable knowledge of visual basic. Including creation of modules, OOP and database connectivity
* Demonstrable knowledge of SQL.
* Demonstrable knowledge of core database concepts
* Ability to present ideas and create great working documentation
* Ability to listen to team members and communicate instructions effectively.
* Ability to assess impacts and prioritise own work effectively.
* Ability to handle multiple jobs at the same time.
* Ability to take proactive steps in managing problems.
* Must be very security conscious and do all it takes to avoid sensitive data falling into wrong hands.
* Ability to effectively handle stress, pressures, and challenges.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission