Job ID 276672
Our client is looking for a Web Developer to join the team in Gloucester. Don’t miss this opportunity to join one of the fastest growing full-service agencies based within the South-West of the UK.
With their very strong client base and trademark for creating bespoke solutions, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of new and exciting website development projects.
Gloucester GL2 4NF
Full Time, Permanent
£30,000 – £40,000 per annum, dependent on experience
Please Note: Applicants must be authorised to work in the UK
Our client is one of the South West’s fastest-growing digital marketing agencies. They have a strong client base and are proud of the close-knit relationships that they have developed with customers.
Established in 2007, they have developed from a start-up to a comprehensive agency, offering bespoke Website Design, Graphic Design, Branding and Digital Marketing. They are dedicated to making a positive impact on customers and local community, with a strong commitment to charitable giving.
Their trademark is the ability to create bespoke, innovative and creative solutions for clients, thanks to an in-house team of Developers, Designers and Marketers.
The client is looking for a dynamic and driven person to join the team and help create beautiful looking websites. You should possess a thorough understanding of front-end web development skills. Experience of developing upon the WordPress CMS is essential as it is an integral part of this role.
The role involves a wide variety and interesting range of work for clients across multiple sectors. You will be working with a team of developers creating websites, in conjunction with marketing strategies. You will also be required to work with the design team to code their designs into working websites.
As Web Developer you will:
* Design, develop and unit test solutions of any size or complexity.
* Participate in cross-team communication.
* Diagnose defects and provide effective solutions.
* Provide development estimates, be a part of planning sessions.
* Provide feedback to help with continuous process improvement.
* Understand and support the release management process.
* Continuous learning and implementation of new technologies is a must.
* Identify, evaluate, and communicate areas of risk.
Required Technical Stack
* Modern OOP PHP Development (Working knowledge of Composer and a major framework e.g Symfony, Laravel, Yii2 .etc)
* MySQL Database Queries (PDO)
* Knowledge of a CMS (WordPress, Craft, Statamic, ProcessWire .etc)
* Frontend Library (React ideally, but would also consider Vue)
* Node & NPM
* Webpack / Vite / Gulp
Nice to Have
* Devops skills
* Linux & Terminal commands
* Apache, Nginx knowledge
* 20 days holiday
* On-site parking
* Company Events
* Career Development Opportunities
* Professional Training/ Support to Achieve Qualifications
How to apply for the role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click “apply” today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents.
You must be authorised to work in the UK. No agencies please.
Other suitable skills and experience includes Web Developer, Front End Developer, Software Developer, Developer, Software Engineer, PHP Developer